So I bought a bluetooth dongle, and have my storm and pc talking, but I can't get DM to see my BB. In device manager I have an "other" device called Bluetooth Peripheral Device. When my BB connects it says it can do Headset, Audio and AV Remote Control. I want to be able to sync. I have been searching all day and trying all the different stuff I find, but I am starting to wonder if it is my Dongle. It is a Jabra A320s. Any idea's?

I have Vista Business and the latest DM. I have installed and uninstalled with reboots to the machine and the Storm numerous times. I have even tried to install default bluetooth drivers to the "other" device but there are quite a few options.

Do I have the wrong type is adapter?
    12-11-08 06:16 PM
    you said you "tried" to install default BT drivers... what BT stack are you running right now? On Windows, DM does not play nice with non-microsoft BT stacks (e.g. Toshiba).
    12-11-08 06:20 PM
    I had the same problem and I found the answer I needed to get mine working here. The instructions there are fairly easy to understand, but here are the basic steps I followed. I am assuming that you have the software that came with your device installed.

1. Find your device name and device ID in the device manager.
    2. Find the bth.inf file in your %windir%\inf directory
    3. Add your device name and ID in the same location and format as the others that look similar to it.

I added: Broadcom 2046 Bluetooth 2.1 USB Dongle = BthUsb, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2147
    Your entry will likely be different.

4. Uninstall any software that you got with your USB Bluetooth device.
    5. Unplug your device
    6. Restart computer
    7. Plug in device and let windows find the drivers.

Good luck.

EDIT: I did this with XP. One of you smart guys/gals might have to help convert this solution to Vista. No clue if the .inf exists or where. Feedback?
    Last edited by FatJim; 12-11-08 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Dont have vista :)
    12-11-08 07:45 PM
    If the solutions offered above do not fix your problem I used a different solution.

The two devices missing their drivers are serial ports.

I posted how I fixede mine in this theread: h**p://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bluetooth-peripheral-device-device-manager-104760/

Sorry I do not have enough posts to add a link so I had to remove the // and replace with **
    12-20-08 06:55 PM
    Suggest letting Windows detect your Bluetooth adapter and installing Microsoft's drivers automatically (ie. Not Toshiba, etc). Then after installing the driver, pair it with your Storm. Now reboot your computer.

After starting back up, find BB Device Manager in your system tray. Right click, and bring up the properties window. Under the "Device Connection" tab click the box to turn on bluetooth support. Then click the configure bluetooth button and add your Storm to the list of devices.

I have it working with my WinXP Pro SP3 desktop. But I don't like it because DM can only sync over bluetooth. There is no access via BT to (1) Media managers, (2) Application Loader (can't update, add, or delete apps or system software), (3) device switch wizard.
    Last edited by Tarrant1701; 12-20-08 at 09:25 PM.
    12-20-08 09:23 PM
    I nuked the Vista Desktop manager and went, as a Vista Super user or whatever, to BB dot com and Downloaded and installed Media Sync ONLY. Using my USB cable, this package found, transformed, and loaded my Storm with my iPOD music where it sounds great ! I then reinstalled the DM, but UNTIL Verizon/RIM clean up installation and order of installation of Vista drivers, DM, Rhapsody, Roxio, Media Sync, etc. I'm just using the DM for ANYTHING BUT MEDIA.
    12-20-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD