Storm is connected to Desktop Manager but during the backup process i get this error: Error backing up databases(s). All other processes work except this. Only hardware upgrade I have done is replaced the memory card with an 16gb mini card.
    02-04-09 07:51 AM
    Turn off your mass storage on the storm options>memory>mass storage mode support(off).
    During the back up it may ask you to turn on mass storage just answer no.
    02-04-09 08:19 AM
    You have a corrupt database. There is a way to go into advanced options when doing the backup and selecting all of them individually, run the backup and it will tell you which one is bad. Then clear that database. Search in this forum for "backup error", there is plenty of help for this.
    02-04-09 08:25 AM
    tried your method to no avail
    02-04-09 08:27 AM
    I had the same problem. Try clearing your browser cache and all your history. That did it for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 08:29 AM
    I've run into that error a few times, and there's at least a couple of simple ways around it.

You can select the individual databases to back up in the advanced section. So you can just select every database that has at least 1 record in it, save the one giving you problems.

A probably better solution is to just go back to using DM 4.6. DM 4.7 needs to some work, and it's probably being left to rot while they get the Storm's OS up and going. I used to have a problem with one database not wanting to backup, and then I switched to using DM 4.6 and without even touching my device in the interim, suddenly it could back up that database just fine.
    02-04-09 08:35 AM
    downloaded DM 4.6 still having hangup with downloading backup, it starts as before then error message. have tried both with turning off mass storage and then with it on, to no avail.
    02-04-09 09:56 AM
    thanks for everyones help, finally worked after deleting cache and doing a battery pull.
    02-04-09 10:22 AM
    Turn off your mass storage on the storm options>memory>mass storage mode support(off).
    During the back up it may ask you to turn on mass storage just answer no.
    I had the same problem. Try clearing your browser cache and all your history. That did it for me.
    I did both of these things, using Desktop Manager, and it worked for me. Not sure if clearing cache and history did it for me or not. I do know that I was able to backup dbs before I turned on mass storage option though.

Thanks for the tips!
    03-15-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD