Someone in my previous posts mentioned that I should use denatured alcohol to wash out the soap in my Storm. I had a few questions: Where can I find it? (I looked in Wal-Mart for like half an hour and didn't find it), Are there any other names for it?, Do I soak my Storm in the denatured alcohol and if so, for how long?, and Should I take apart my Storm before doing so?

I also had a few questions on taking the Storm apart. I take it that you guys have seen the video on how to take the Storm apart. I wanted to ask if you can reassemble the parts after taking the whole thing apart. Thank you again guys, I appreciate your help!
    03-04-09 06:59 AM
    Denatured Alcohol = EtOH or Ethyl Alcohol. And yes you should be able to find it at any drug store. Hope this helps...
    03-04-09 07:02 AM
    You can get it from Ebay. I havent enough posts to put the link up for you but check out Ebay
    03-04-09 07:09 AM
    ok, thank u guys. I luckily did find denatured alcohol in the paint section at Wal-Mart (they sell everything ). Hopefully I can soak the individual Storm parts to get rid of the soap.
    03-04-09 07:54 AM
    You can find it at the hardware store, the only reason they "denatured" it is because back in the day people would drink it. If you drink denatured alcohol you will go blind...
    03-04-09 08:02 AM
    Read the entire attached thread and it will give you several ideas on how to clean the phone. Denatured alcohol, rubbing alcohol and distilled water are all discussed. I would use the alcohol in order not to damage the electronics. I think it is best to rinse and not soak, but you need to use your best judgement.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/my...ry+a+wet+storm

I suspect that since your phone may already be damaged and you don't have insurance it may be worth a shot.

This is your decision to do this, and it does not guarantee that damage will be corrected or that more damage may occur.

Be sure to let the phone thoroughly dry out before trying to restart it.

Do plenty of research on this subject before attempting this.

A search of "How to dry a wet storm" may provide more information.
    03-04-09 12:06 PM
    Denatured alcohol is 95% ethyl alcohol (found in beer, wine, etc...) and 5% methyl alcohol (aka wood alcohol) which is very toxic. denatured alcohol can be sold without a liquor license since it has a poison added to it. You can't substitute regular alcohol for it on electronics since normal alcohol contains water.

It's vapors are also highly flammable, do not use it near any kind of flame. Be in a well ventilated space. And under no circumstances should you drink it.
    03-04-09 12:24 PM
    I manage a paint store in Texas. Denatured Alcohol can be purchased at just about any "PAINT" store. People do drink it, sometimes, although they filter it through a loaf of bread before drinking it. Alcoholics mostly. Poor alcoholics who can't afford real liquor. Which doesn't make sense. Denatured Alcohol is not cheap. Where as Cisco and Mad Dog is...
    Anyways, Denatured Alcohol is NOT good for you. Don't drink it.. But you can buy it at a real paint store.
    03-04-09 05:51 PM
    home depot paint section
    03-04-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD