First off, I own a Mac and do not use DM or PocketMac. I just load files I want on the phone to the drive. I have been trying to go through my phone and get rid of things I dont use. Im having a **** of a time getting the Verizon-loaded IM apps (WindowsLive, Yahoo! Mess., Google Talk...) to permanently delete. They aren't in my apps list in advanced options. I delete the servie books and the icon goes away in the IM section, btu if I restart my phone it comes right back. Any help?

p.s. I got rid of FlyCast, Trapster, and MySpace. My app memory went from 28.6mb to 41.1mb just after a SoftReset (had to leave that one )
    Last edited by ShotgunFacelift; 12-16-08 at 08:31 AM.
    12-16-08 08:29 AM
    Interesting that you don't have those under "applications"...mine are there.
    12-16-08 08:35 AM
    They're under "Instant Messaging"...
    12-16-08 08:36 AM
    This is really irritating...
    12-16-08 08:46 AM
    I would like these to be gone too, but no one so far has come up with a definite answer on if can be done. I would also like to get rid of vcast. How did you get rid of FlyCast, Trapster, and MySpace?
    12-16-08 08:55 AM
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications. Highligh what you want gone and click the BB key. It will ask you to reset. I said no until I got all of the ones I wanted gone, then I did a SoftReset.

I would really like these other ones gone though. Help!!
    12-16-08 09:03 AM
    These are just icons, if you push the BlackBerry key with one highlighted and select "Hide", then make sure "Show All" isn't checked, they will be hidden.

They do not show under applications because the application itself is not installed these icons are just launchers that take you to the install site.
    12-16-08 09:05 AM
    ok thanks. that made me feel a lot better. I've just noticed improvements with getting rid of all the things I don't use. Thanks again
    12-16-08 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD