I know that I deleted VAD off of my pearl a while back. I had very detailed instruction that I downloaded from this sight and now I can't find those instructions. They were written in "noobie" terms not techy terms and I had no problem doing it.

Could someone please explain to me how to delete it? Will it make as big of a difference on here as it did the pearl as far as memory? I don't want to run into the same problem with things being automatically delted like I had with the pearl. I want to delete the big unnecessary things now!
    11-28-08 01:46 PM
    Try crackmem. Its a great program and is very user friendly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 01:49 PM
    Please do not try this unless you are absolutely sure you understand what you're doing !!!

You need to go here and download the os to your pc...BlackBerry® Software Updates

Once it's downloaded, install it, I would assume you already have desktop manager,

On your pc go to my computer>c:>program files>common files>research in motion>shared (this might not be on your pc as I still have my pearl os)>loader files>9530**********>java>click somewhere in the newly opened window and create a "removed" folder, drag the "removed" folder to your desktop and open it, this is where you put the .cod files you remove..
    Scroll to the bottom of the prefiously opened java file and you will see all of the vad files, drag them to your "removed" file, this is where the wallpapers are also, just haven't foud the specific file..Once done close the "removed" file and drag it back from the desktop to the java folder, close everything out, hook up your storm to your pc and launch desktop manager...

Do not let anything load yet, cancel out of the prompts, Launch Application loader, select Start in the update software box, in dm 4.7 two choices will come up, when you click the +, the choice that says local installation is the one you want, hit next a couple time and you will get to a screen that tells you what is being removed, and watch the magic happen, this info is available all over the site, Reed McClay the mod formerly known as Stoner did a much better write up, I just wanted to get something up in here a bit more storm specific, since the file structures are different..If I get some spare time, i'll do a more detailed write up with some screen shots, there's a ton of other files i've removed, like navigator and the foreign languages, maybe we need to start a list....
    11-28-08 02:17 PM
    Please do not try this unless you are absolutely sure you understand what you're doing !!!

You need to go here and download the os to your pc...BlackBerry® Software Updates

Once it's downloaded, install it, I would assume you already have desktop manager,

On your pc go to my computer>c:>program files>common files>research in motion>shared (this might not be on your pc as I still have my pearl os)>loader files>9530**********>java>click somewhere in the newly opened window and create a "removed" folder, drag the "removed" folder to your desktop and open it, this is where you put the .cod files you remove..
    Scroll to the bottom of the prefiously opened java file and you will see all of the vad files, drag them to your "removed" file, this is where the wallpapers are also, just haven't foud the specific file..Once done close the "removed" file and drag it back from the desktop to the java folder, close everything out, hook up your storm to your pc and launch desktop manager...

Do not let anything load yet, cancel out of the prompts, Launch Application loader, select Start in the update software box, in dm 4.7 two choices will come up, when you click the +, the choice that says local installation is the one you want, hit next a couple time and you will get to a screen that tells you what is being removed, and watch the magic happen, this info is available all over the site, Reed McClay the mod formerly known as Stoner did a much better write up, I just wanted to get something up in here a bit more storm specific, since the file structures are different..If I get some spare time, i'll do a more detailed write up with some screen shots, there's a ton of other files i've removed, like navigator and the foreign languages, maybe we need to start a list....
    I would edit out the "formerly known as" part of this post...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 04:02 PM
    What is VAD?
    11-28-08 04:13 PM
    Just remeber when you delete VAD and plug in your BB to upgrade it will be put back. I really hate VAD it doesn't work, and it slows the phone.
    11-28-08 04:22 PM
    Just remeber when you delete VAD and plug in your BB to upgrade it will be put back. I really hate VAD it doesn't work, and it slows the phone.
    True and you lose your "about" screen, until you upgrade the OS, which will be happening sometime soon I hope, I really just wanted to get something up to reference if there was a 505 error, and maybe a .cod file list of what can and can't come off of these...
    11-28-08 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD