can someone tell me how to delete ringtones that i don't want to use anymore. i put some ringtones on and i delted them, but they still show up on in the ringtones on the phone. Some one please help this is getting frustrating.
    01-07-09 04:56 PM
    I used to have this problem on my Curve (have yet to experience on the Strom though), the only way the songs would be deleted would be through a battery pull. The tones wouldn't play anymore, but they'd still show up on the list.
    01-07-09 05:06 PM
    Correct, delete the ringtones. While in the Media section with all of the ringtones you want deleted, deleted, pull the battery for 30 seconds and then replace it.
    01-07-09 05:13 PM
    If they remain after you try the others advice, you will need to connect the storm to your computer and navigate to the sd card. Go to the ringtones folder and delete the BBThumbs.dat file. The phone will generate a new one based on the contents of the folder and your deleted ringtones will not be listed any longer.
    01-07-09 05:14 PM
    having the same problem. I did all that you recommended but it's still showing up. When i set it as that ringtone, when i call myself, the phone is just silent.
    01-07-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD