I have read thru the 101 stuff and searched the threads but have not found the answer I am looking for. So I am posting this hoping someone can help me.

I want to delete not hide the icons/programs that came preinstaleld on my storm 9530. I have verizon.

Examples: Flickr, VZW Tunes

And they do not show up on the applications list for me to delete it.
    07-30-09 12:17 PM
    you can delete the service books,but they will show up again when you reboot the phone...
    07-30-09 12:29 PM
    There is no permanent way to get rid of the icons. Hiding is the best you can do
    07-30-09 12:32 PM
    Ok so I called Verizon and they told me because I do not see the application in the application center they are not really taking up any space. The only thing I can do is hide them.

I guess I will have to hide them.

Thanks anyway everyone.
    07-30-09 12:41 PM
    Ok so I called Verizon and they told me because I do not see the application in the application center they are not really taking up any space. The only thing I can do is hide them.

I guess I will have to hide them.

Thanks anyway everyone.
    The service books take up space, but it's very small. I would call back and complain that you don't even want those service books sent to you.

Seems with the most recent one of Slacker Radio, they haven't pushed them out to everyone... perhaps people who've complained before didn't get the new ones. Keep complaining... they'll get the picture eventually.
    07-30-09 12:53 PM
    i agree with you civic,i did call in and complain,its no sense in pushing something to someone if they dont want it...IMO...
    07-30-09 12:57 PM
    The App Center thing is fine to me. Keep the shortcuts in that. Don't spam the desktop with them to. There is no need for service books to slap an icon for vztones, flicr, etc. To me having them in the App Center AND pushing out an icon for stuff in the App Center already is ********.

It is the one thing I hate Verizon for. I shouldn't have to make a folder ditch stuff in it and then hide the folder. It is very unprofesional of them.
    07-30-09 01:03 PM
    Just FYI, Verizon isn't the only one doing this. A VPL service book push is a RIM capability and almost all carriers use it. AT&T is notorious for pushing out A LOT of them on all their Blackberries.

That being said, some carriers allow their customers to call in and request their BIS profile be modified as to not receive these service books. VZW for some crazy reason doesn't subscribe to this type of customer service. So, frack them... I'll keep calling and escalating the request until they get the picture. Perhaps a Class Action lawsuit may be in order for something like this. It worked with getting the point across about not locking down GPS.

Oh yeah, just a bit of FYI if you didn't already know. Remember when VZW was taking away the ability for you to get the little "D" on your SMSs going to VZW customers? Well, in some areas where they were starting to push that config change out, they got so many calls from upset customers that they ended up rolling back the feature and benched the whole idea in the end. So, yeah, many customers voicing their opinions and something the company does that you don't like WILL get things done. We just need that number of voices to increase.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 07-30-09 at 01:12 PM.
    07-30-09 01:09 PM
    I create a folder called Useless and put all that crap I dont want in there and then hide the folder. Comes in handy in case you one day DO need something, you dont have to hit "show all" and then have 10 icons pop up. only one folder will and you can go into that folder.

just a suggestion ;0)
    07-30-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD