Hey guys, so I deleted the folder of instant messengers thinking it would remove the extra icons for IM clients that I don't use (i.e. windows live messenger, yahoo, and AIM). However, all it did was throw the icons onto my home screen. Is there any way to delete the unwanted icons (not just hide them) and if not is there any way to get the instant messenger folder icon (which is different than the folder icons you can create) back?

Thanks
    05-28-09 01:07 PM
    You can't get rid of the icons... you can only hide them. As for getting the original folder back, I don't know any way of doing that. You are probably going to have to create your own folder to put them in.
    05-28-09 01:23 PM
    Those icons are also not the programs themselves, but install shotcuts "Pushed" to the device from the carrier. It's actually a Service Book.
    05-28-09 01:44 PM
    To my knowledge, if you want to remove an app like windows live, yahoo, etc, you need to go to options on your home screen > advanced options > Applications. Then highlight the im service you don't want (don't click it, just highlight it) and select delete. That should remove the app and the icon from your phone. keep in mind, this is removing the app from your phone. if you just want to hide the icon on your home screen, then ( as morf said ) you can highlight the icon, click the bb button and select hide.
    05-28-09 02:57 PM
    To my knowledge, if you want to remove an app like windows live, yahoo, etc, you need to go to options on your home screen > advanced options > Applications. Then highlight the im service you don't want (don't click it, just highlight it) and select delete. That should remove the app and the icon from your phone. keep in mind, this is removing the app from your phone. if you just want to hide the icon on your home screen, then ( as morf said ) you can highlight the icon, click the bb button and select hide.
    The icons that come preloaded on the phone can't be deleted. Even if you install the app, and decide to remove it later, the icon will still remain. You can probably remove the icons temporarily by deleting the service books for them, but whenever you resend your service books, the icons will come back.

They are just icons (if you haven't installed the applications) and aren't taking up any space in the app memory anyway, as Civic stated above.
    05-28-09 03:01 PM
    get the program shrink-a-os and youll be able to delete what you dont want
    05-28-09 03:03 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up Morf. Much appreciated...
    05-28-09 03:09 PM
    get the program shrink-a-os and youll be able to delete what you dont want
    This works. +1
    05-28-09 04:34 PM
    If you remove the service books they go away don't know for how long

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 05:26 PM
    If you remove the service books they go away don't know for how long

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

until your service books get sent again or you re register on the network
    05-28-09 05:29 PM
    ^ or until next reboot.