Hi there,
    Apologies for the potentially silly question - is there a delete key on the storm touchscreen keyboard. I know there is a backspace key, but sometimes when I am typing and moving the cursor around I would prefer to delete rather than backspace.

Again sorry if this should be obvious, but I have looked through the help docs as well as a lot of web searching and can't seem to locate the answer.

Thanks
    06-19-09 09:30 AM
    Not that I've ever found. It would be handy at times to have cursor keys as well. At least the cursor positioning in the later OS's (I think .122 and up) is a lot easier to use that it was in the .75
    06-19-09 09:49 AM
    I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for. The backspace key will back up the cursor and delete the previous character, if you use the text selection tool and highlight a portion of text and hit the backspace key it will delete that entire portion of text.
    06-19-09 10:12 AM
    I've been searching for the "Any Key" myself... anyone know where that may be?
    06-19-09 10:38 AM
    Ok thanks - it seems like I am not crazy then. I am getting better with moving the cursor, especially with the new OS improvements.

Its just that sometimes I want to delete the text to the right of the cursor rather than moving it and using backspace, or selecting the text.

This was just one of those things where I thought 'there should be a delete like key' but no biggie if not.

Thanks again
    06-19-09 10:42 AM
    I don't believe there is one. I do know what you are talking about and although it seems is would be useful to have one, you would still need to place the cursor at the location you need to delete which is the same thing you have to do when using the backspace to delete.
    06-19-09 10:43 AM
    I don't believe there is one. I do know what you are talking about and although it seems is would be useful to have one, you would still need to place the cursor at the location you need to delete which is the same thing you have to do when using the backspace to delete.
    No, because Backspace deletes to the left of the cursor and Delete deletes to the right of the cursor.
    06-19-09 11:01 AM
    By pressing !?123 and then backspace, it will delete the highlighter letter. Not exactly what your looking for but its a little trick.
    06-19-09 11:10 AM
    AHA - that is what I was looking for - thanks!!
    06-19-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD