Hey guys/gals I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with their screen dying in random places. I can't get it to work 3/4 of the time, but then it will fix itself out of nowhere. I've done batt pulls, and rubbed lamps, and even wished upon stars, but nothing is bringing me consistency. I called up big red, but they said there wasn't anything I could do about it until they could replicate it in a store. Thats pretty messed up considering I can't even dial out half the time. Anybody have any suggestions on either matter?
    06-05-09 12:30 AM
    does the screen click and nothing happens?
    06-05-09 01:13 AM
    I can't get anything to highlight, when it does highlight the click is seems to be fine
    06-05-09 01:20 AM
    when you push on the screen does it actually click like it should or do you have to push hard on it to get it to click. It should click pretty easily.
    06-05-09 01:29 AM
    it clicks pretty well, the only issue i have is with the lower left hand corner. That just requires a little harder push.
    06-05-09 01:38 AM
    Is it humid where you are when it stops responding?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 02:15 AM
    I live in Florida so its even humid in my freezer, but for the most part it's been pretty normal conditions. At first I thought I had moisture on the screen, but that wasn't the case.
    06-05-09 02:28 AM
    Ok. That might be why.. When I take a shower and its humid, my screen becomes unresponsive

Try to see how humid it is when it happens... Then on a humid day, keep it in a bag or something that keeps it in drier air... See if there is a difference

This may or may not be the problem, though there is a chance that's what it is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by imme40; 06-05-09 at 02:54 AM.
    06-05-09 02:50 AM
    I had this problem develop too. It would clear up after a battery pull, but would eventually return. I had major issues trying to dial numbers that would not respond to touch or click. I had to get a replacement.
    06-05-09 06:17 AM
    I had a similar problem with my first Storm purchased early in January.

The first night I noticed that the extreme right of the landscape mode keyboard (letter 'P', <-, rtn) would not respond 9/10 times with either highlight or character entry after screen click. As a new user, I thought it was my inexperience but it was a problem with the screen's touch sensor.

Brought the phone back to the VZW store and the rep also saw the problem and replaced it with the one I still have.

No problems since then (at least not with hardware ).

If you can, bring it to the store for them to check.
    06-05-09 06:25 AM
    I had my storm since the day it was released and had no problems up until 3 days ago. It is randomly unresponsive on the top and left hand side of the screen...it clicks fine, it just wont highlight anything. Also trying to view any websites has become a nightmare...
    06-11-09 01:14 PM
    I too have developed dead spots to typing or highlighting on the screen.
    So far what I have done is to wipe the OS, and go back to .328 VZW Official, but no joy.
    I called VZ tech support but all they offer is a free replacement with a refurb.
    I am a little leery of replacing a Storm that has until now worked well since Dec. 5 2008 (I'm getting a little sentimental in my old age, LOL). Actually I'm leery of getting into the refurb game, but if this is truly a hardware ?digitizer problem, I guess I will just have to go for it.
    Any last suggestions before I send for a refurb?
    03-03-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD