I must say that Kevin was right......this device has a learning curve. I've gone through the emotions of love, hate, frustration, etc. But as each day passes....I'm feeling the love more than anything.

A few questions for the experts:

1. Is there a need for a Soft-Reset install on this thing? I'm guessing this is a stupid questions...considering I used it probably 4 times a week with my Pearl. If anyone has the link to the program....I'd appreciate it.

2. My biggest frustration lately is when viewing webpages and distinguishing between clicking on a link, and zooming in. Sometimes if I hover...the link highlights and I"m set. But other times I, specifically with buttons on webpages, I have to zoom to the max before it "clicks" it. And it's tough to tell if you did or not unless you see the loading bar.

3. Any timeline for VIIGO on Storm??

Any suggestions would be great. Looking forward to another day of mastering this thing.
    11-23-08 08:49 AM
    I've had the same experience. The browser button issue is a pain, but really starting to love the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 08:53 AM
    Soft reset ota soft. Reset
    And what'ya know , I did this from my storm in opera..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 09:09 AM
    That OTA is for the Pearl though. Little hesitant to install on the Storm. Thoughts??
    11-23-08 09:17 AM
    That OTA is for the Pearl though. Little hesitant to install on the Storm. Thoughts??
    It's running on my storm....
    11-23-08 09:23 AM
    I must say that Kevin was right......this device has a learning curve. I've gone through the emotions of love, hate, frustration, etc. But as each day passes....I'm feeling the love more than anything.

1. Is there a need for a Soft-Reset install on this thing? I'm guessing this is a stupid questions...considering I used it probably 4 times a week with my Pearl. If anyone has the link to the program....I'd appreciate it.

2. My biggest frustration lately is when viewing webpages and distinguishing between clicking on a link, and zooming in. Sometimes if I hover...the link highlights and I"m set. But other times I, specifically with buttons on webpages, I have to zoom to the max before it "clicks" it. And it's tough to tell if you did or not unless you see the loading bar.

Any suggestions would be great. Looking forward to another day of mastering this thing.
    Have you tried Opera Mini yet? if not give it a whirl, I also used it on my old WM and I say its the best overall browser for a pda out there to date for general web surfing
    11-23-08 09:23 AM

Glad you posted,one of the many that have to wait on my storm,and i was getting a little down with all of the negativity,when i get mine im going to put thru its paces for the first 30 days to decide if its for me,thanks.
    11-23-08 10:01 AM
    It's running on my storm....
    Ican also confirm that I was hesitant to install the Soft Reset program, but I trust fonebrkr and when I saw it worked on his Storm - thats all I needed to hear. Installed and worked fine. I couldn't get it to display in landscape mode however and the keyboard came on, but couldn't get rid of the keyboard.
    11-23-08 10:46 AM
    Ican also confirm that I was hesitant to install the Soft Reset program, but I trust fonebrkr and when I saw it worked on his Storm - thats all I needed to hear. Installed and worked fine. I couldn't get it to display in landscape mode however and the keyboard came on, but couldn't get rid of the keyboard.
    Thanx for the vote of confidence, the display you see is also what I have, but it works, which is all I was hoping for, between a snap on case, a buggy OS, and hands of stone trying to get the battery cover off to do a pull..
    11-23-08 10:49 AM
    Sadly Day 3 is the last of my patience. I'll be returning it tomorrow afternoon, back to verizon.

My reasons
    - I cannot type on this phone at all. I give up on it!
    - I can't call people fast enough, it's too much of a hassle for me
    - The phone keeps REBOOTING and it takes FOREVER!
    - The touch screen is okay, it takes time getting used to but i'm not a fan of the clicking. It doesn't work as well as I thought it would
    - Battery life has been poor for me and I haven't been using the internet much if not at all
    - Some apps download and install but I can't find them?
    - It doesn't feel that comfortable in my hands. Not a deal breaker but another reason.
    - Menu transitions make everything go slowwwwwww. Engadget was right this isnt a phone for power users. The transitions lag and freeze

Theres more little nitty gritty things but these are some of the key reasons. I'll just go back to using my Curve, I should have just kept that. It's one of my favorite phones and there was nothing wrong with it. It's just me trying to have the newest and best phone!

Hopefully the software updates fixes everyone elses problems
    11-23-08 11:09 AM
    Have you tried Opera Mini yet? if not give it a whirl, I also used it on my old WM and I say its the best overall browser for a pda out there to date for general web surfing
    Skyfire is better... now if only it would be developed for BBs! :P
    11-23-08 11:14 AM
    Engadget was right this isnt a phone for power users.
    Auero,
    Fine post. I personally am enjoying it more everyday, but I agree with both you and Engadget - it is not the phone for power users. I would find it hard to believe if somebody could argue to the contrary.

With that said it is a great device for those within the niche it fits.
    11-23-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD