I have the Storm 9530 and I have the data plan. I have my settings set to hold email forever - but for some reason I can only view up to a week on my BB. Does anyone else have this issue. I would have thought I should see my email for as long as I had the bb - do you think it has anything to do that it is a personal email and not a business email account?
    09-16-09 09:49 AM
    If your memory gets low then the BB will delete mail automatically. Best bet is to make sure it does not get low. Make sure to exit programs properly, that is press the BB button and select close or exit. Also try upgrading to version 151 or 167 they handle memory MUCH better than 148. You can find help on upgrading your OS in our Storm OS Discussion Sub Forum.
    09-16-09 10:10 AM
    No, chances are good you may be low on memory and the BB could be deleting them to make room.

Another thing that could be happening (depending on what type of email account this is) is that when you pull your email down from the respective account with Outlook or Outlook Express (or whatever other email client you use) that it syncs that down to your phone and deletes the messages. If your Outlook is set to leave email up on the server for one week before deletion, this is very likely the case. Look for that, but like I said, it really depends on what type of account integration it is... POP, IMAP, etc.

Another option you have is to turn off "Sync Deleted Items" so that when you make changes on the email server (pulling down emails and such), those changes won't get pushed to the phone. The setting is in the BIS setup for the account. Use this portal to get to the management interface for them. https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    09-16-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD