Okay, I've got a storm that works (mostly). But I'm really tired of the dust under the screen. My New Every Two comes up in July 2010. Do I...

Stick it out - or replace under warranty?

(Oh, if dust under the screen is not enough for a warranty replacement then I can always re-tighten the torx screws to get back the non-clicking screen problem)
    Last edited by hal1; 10-26-09 at 11:28 PM.
    10-26-09 11:21 PM
    Have you tried taking it to the store yet?
    10-26-09 11:27 PM
    Why?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-27-09 12:20 PM
    Well how bad does it look?
    10-27-09 12:57 PM
    Just an annoyance. Just went into vz, they're shipping a replacement 2 day shipping

10-27-09 01:10 PM
    Well, hope you don't get a worse phone than what you had.
    10-27-09 01:17 PM
    Well, hope you don't get a worse phone than what you had.
    I know, I know. we'll see how it turns out
    10-27-09 06:54 PM
    I'm on my forth one due to dust in under ten months. They have been really good about replacements but it is a pain to go through the.whole process of switching phones.

10-27-09 07:24 PM
    The dust under the screen is a problem that has been fixed. My first Storm was great except for the dust that accumulated under the screen. I had it from the November release date til it disappeared while I was in Rome in May. I got a brand new one from Asurion and no dust at all has gotten under the screen in the 5 months I've had it. FWIW, the first one was made in Canada. The second was made in Hungary (I think).

I would take your phone back and try to get a new one in the box. (I also seem to have better luck with customer service issues using the 800 CS number rather than my local store for some reason)

Rich
    10-27-09 09:36 PM

I would take your phone back and try to get a new one in the box. (I also seem to have better luck with customer service issues using the 800 CS number rather than my local store for some reason)
    Yeah, I went to a VZ store today and they took care of it, will have the replacement on Thursday. - but I don't think it will be a NEW one, just the refurbs, right?
    10-27-09 09:57 PM
    They replacement must be in "like new" condition if not you have the right to demand one until you get one in "like new" condition. Verizon doesn't tell you this obviously, but it is the law. If you trade it under warranty the refurb must be like new.
    10-27-09 10:22 PM
    That is not a defect, just cosmetic, the only things usually covered under warranty are electronic malfunctions and manufacturer defects. But you got a nice rep that probably replaces anything, and verizon has Certified like new replacements, all in new condition, they get tested weekly when received in shipment by the techs and if they are scratched etc they get sent back as DOA's, receiving them via fedex is just more of a risk of coming damage only cause it comes straight from the warehouse. And it is RUDE to demand stuff, you would want to ask nicely....customers that demand things are ridiculous and should not be tolerated.
    Last edited by aprilicious; 10-27-09 at 10:30 PM.
    10-27-09 10:25 PM
    They replacement must be in "like new" condition if not you have the right to demand one until you get one in "like new" condition. Verizon doesn't tell you this obviously, but it is the law. If you trade it under warranty the refurb must be like new.
    Also "like new" is not new, so technically it can look used and you have to accept that, us as employees tend to send them back as a courtesy because we don't want to deal with petty complaints.
    10-27-09 10:33 PM
    That is not a defect, just cosmetic, the only things usually covered under warranty are electronic malfunctions and manufacturer defects. But you got a nice rep that probably replaces anything, and verizon has Certified like new replacements, all in new condition, they get tested weekly when received in shipment by the techs and if they are scratched etc they get sent back as DOA's, receiving them via fedex is just more of a risk of coming damage only cause it comes straight from the warehouse. And it is RUDE to demand stuff, you would want to ask nicely....customers that demand things are ridiculous and should not be tolerated.
    Dust under the screen is not comestic. its a VZW BB Storm defect flaw which has been fixed by RIM now
    10-27-09 10:40 PM
    Dust under the screen is not comestic. its a VZW BB Storm defect flaw which has been fixed by RIM now
    So my even the refurb'd one they send me will be fixed?

(as an aside, I was very polite when I inquired at the store if this was a warranty-able defect, and he started the process with just a "hmmm, that's interesting. No other questions asked)
    10-27-09 10:44 PM
    More then likly
    10-28-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD