Does anyone else notice this? It's almost beneath the screen, right above the buttons. Dark spots that look like part of the mechanism.
    12-31-08 02:20 PM
    I have it I think its normal. Seen it on both my storms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 02:33 PM
    A picture of what you're talking about would be nice
    12-31-08 02:33 PM
    Mine doesn't have that.
    12-31-08 02:34 PM
    I don't see anything like that on mine.
    12-31-08 02:36 PM
    Not uniform-- my replacement has it, my original did not.

I don't have a camera near, but I certainly will take a picture later.
    12-31-08 02:37 PM
    mine has a small dark spot, its not dead pixels though. its gray, so I think its dust under the screen
    12-31-08 02:43 PM
    Does anyone else notice this? It's almost beneath the screen, right above the buttons. Dark spots that look like part of the mechanism.
    are you referring to the touchscreen grid? if so, these are completely normal.
    12-31-08 02:52 PM
    If your on all white and you look above the buttons its almost like a shadow or somethtng. I thought pt was normal and only noticable with an all white screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 03:06 PM
    This is fairly normal. You are probably seeing the effect of the lighting mechanism on a LCD display. The LEDs that light the display are on the edge of the screen, I believe the top edge. There are polarizing filters with the lcd sandwiched between them. This is pretty inneficient as a significant amount of light is blocked. What is left to get through, you see as your display. The polarization of the crystals, the quality of the polarizers or any dings in it, and the effect of the light at the edges can create some shadowy spots that are visible on an all-white screen.

If it is more than that and very noticeable, then there is a defect in the screen. I saw one that became damaged and there was a tear shaped shadow that spread.

-f
    12-31-08 03:14 PM
    My original did not have it, but the other three all do.

It really is only noticeable if you are "looking" for it.
    01-24-09 08:06 PM
    I'm surprised this came out (LOL).

01-24-09 08:10 PM
    This is exactly what mine looks like, it's mostly visible when looking at an angle like you have it in the picture. The click on mine is perfect and unless I'm on a mostly white screen like the one you're one, the shadowing isn't noticeable. The small shadows haven't impacted my use of the device at all, at least 90% of the time I don't even remember they're visible at all, definitely only when looking for them do they bug me.

This is more visible on some devices than others, but to be honest I haven't used a Storm without it for an extended period of time. Who knows what the click is like on those, or if there are any other issues present in the phones. I fully believe these shadows are normal, if not than I'm keeping mine anyway since they don't impact use and the device functions perfectly.
    01-24-09 08:27 PM
    My "original" 11/21 phone is the only one I've seen w/o them.

But, since it no longer has a red phone button....
    01-24-09 08:32 PM
    My phones got that to. Its totally normal.
    01-24-09 08:38 PM
    I have these "spots" as well. Given this, what do I do about this?
    01-24-09 08:40 PM
    I have these "spots" as well. Given this, what do I do about this?
    nothing?

a vzw store will likely swap it out for you, but the odds are the new one will be the same.
    01-24-09 08:46 PM
    don't worry about it, it is normal. It is just more visible on some Storms than on others.
    01-24-09 08:51 PM
    Thanks for the topic, I had just noticed this on my Storm and came into the forum to do a search and there was my answer.
    01-24-09 08:52 PM
    Thanks for the photo. Mine looks exactly like that. Is it of any concern?
    01-24-09 09:55 PM
    All 3 of mine had that. Normal.
    01-24-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD