I only pulled the battery on my Curve about once every two weeks. But with the storm I find myself closing almost all apps after use, and still pulling the battery everyday to keep things working smoothly. Otherwise, the device, or at least the Accelerometer seems to slow down substantially. Only 3rd party apps I have installed so far are Google Maps, Opera Mini, and Yahoo Messenger. I'm wondering if it is just my device or are others having this same problem.
    11-26-08 08:14 AM
    It's not just you. Some divices are buggier than others. If you're pulling your battery everyday - I would call Verizon and have them send you a new storm. It might take a while but at least you'll still have your old one until your new one arrives. I wouldn't be able to deal with pulling my battery daily.
    11-26-08 08:18 AM
    Mine seems to take about 1 second to change...I have never pulled my battery as things are going pretty smooth with my example. Actually better than they did on my Curve...I have Google Maps/Viigo/and several Email, Flickr, and Yahoo Messenger.
    11-26-08 08:23 AM
    Mine also takes a little less than a second to switch orientation and I have not had to do a battery pull since getting the phone last Friday morning.
    11-26-08 08:25 AM
    1 second - wow! Definately something wrong with my device. I will try to wipe the device first, then call VZW. Would love to see it only take 1 second all the time. Thanks for the feedback.
    11-26-08 08:33 AM
    Mine also takes about a second to switch. Everything is actually pretty smooth. It's just sometimes that the accelerometer gets stuck on landscape mode. I have to play around with the lock button to get it back to portrait.
    11-26-08 08:38 AM
    I have been able to go >24hrs with the battery but have had the problem where the screen will get stuck in portrait or landscape. Is there a trick to get it out of that? Do I need to go to Verizon to get the OS rebooted? Clearly a newbie here....
    11-26-08 08:44 AM
    I would suggest to be just a little patient and wait for an update, which hopefully should be soon. Everybody is having the same problems. It should get better.
    11-26-08 09:02 AM
    All of my accelerometer issues were happening coming out of lock. Once I learned to push the screen before unlocking the phone, my accelerometer began working flawlessly. Now, it takes maybe half a second or so to switch back and forth.
    11-26-08 09:39 AM
    All of my accelerometer issues were happening coming out of lock. Once I learned to push the screen before unlocking the phone, my accelerometer began working flawlessly. Now, it takes maybe half a second or so to switch back and forth.
    This is brilliant! Thanks.

I had found that when my accelerometer would not work, I didn't have to do a complete battery pull, but just use the power on/off button. This is much quicker. But your suggestion is so much better.

It seemed like people wanted to see my phone to see how "cool" it was. But when I would press the lock/unlock button from the blank screen, the accelerometer wouldn't work. Not so "cool". But this solves the problem. And if you happen to forget to push the screen before unlocking, just lock the phone again, wait for the screen to go blank, click the screen, and then unlock, the accelerometer works again.
    11-26-08 09:58 AM
    Very very interesting discovery there. I just tried it a couple of times. Seems to work flawlessly like you said.
    11-26-08 10:04 AM
    Where is the accelerometer? I keep hearing about it.
    11-26-08 11:09 AM
    Where is the accelerometer? I keep hearing about it.
    It's internal. It is the device that makes the phone switch from portrait to landscape.
    11-26-08 12:19 PM
    My storm seems to change on it's own. I'd be doing something in the portrait mode and it changes to landscape by it self and I actually have to tap the bottom of my phone and it will change back...somtimes, its starting to **** me off.
    11-26-08 06:45 PM
    It's internal. It is the device that makes the phone switch from portrait to landscape.
    Yeah I just mean where do you see it at

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD