i have no issue with memory, i seem to be hovering around 30mb with everything running. But still just from normal use i flip through apps, tasks, media, etc .... so far it seems to freeze or lockup a lot and i have to do a bat pull. Sometimes i get a white screen says "app error 225" or something, and it auto resets.

Not so annoying to do it, but very annoying to not have a reliable device.
    12-22-08 09:02 PM
    well here is my thing...i pull the battery when I wake up and start out with 41mb. On a light day, say a weekend, I get a few texts and a couple of emails...few calls...nothing big at all..by the time I go to bed at night im at 25-28. If I wait till the next night to pull I'm at 12. That has to be a leak
    12-22-08 09:04 PM
    never had to do a memory pull on this end, and the device has not lagged through the weeks. when i do check the app memory for the heck of it, it is often low, even as low as 4mb! but even then, the device still runs fast and i just let it be. recently upgrade to 0.83 improved memory, but again, no lag = no battery pull.
    12-22-08 09:16 PM
    Where can I find these apps. I find myself having to do a battery pull once a week to 2 weeks. My memory will go from 52 mb to around 30 mb over that time. I can see why this would be helpful.
    12-22-08 09:34 PM
    Never needed to do a pull on mine, had it since 19/11 and upgraded to .78 in the meantime. It's working good for me.
    Did you mean to say .75?

If not, then can you send me a link to .78 wink wink
    12-22-08 09:38 PM
    Did you mean to say .75?

If not, then can you send me a link to .78 wink wink
    they are on Vodaphone, the current OS over there is .78, which I don't believe is compatible
    12-22-08 09:40 PM
    never mind I found quickpull. Found it at CB store.
    12-22-08 09:54 PM
    Try setting up the memory cleaner. Go to Options -> Security Options -> Memory Cleaning and Enable.

This cleans out the RAM of the device. No data or browser cache is affected.

Here's my settings:

Clean when holstered: Yes
    Clean when idle: Yes
    Idle Timeout: 5 mins
    Show Icon on home screen: Yes (keeps you from going to this screen to run a quick RAM flush)

All this has kept me to minimal battery pulls - maybe once per week.
    12-22-08 11:17 PM
    just got my blackberry today, and i just did a pull a few minutes ago. I think it's my fault tho, i had a movie paused, facebook open, and 2 browser, and some messages, but all today it ran fine until then.
    12-23-08 12:11 AM
    What makes you do the batt pull?

I havent had to do batt pulls the last two days. I know I will eventually do a soft reset just to clear things out but so far (fingers crossed) I havent 'needed' to do a pull.

Just a side not on the batt pull thing- not that I am attributing this to you but I think most folks get a bit impatient or go into instant panic mode and do the pull for a fast remedy. Thus far in my experience (and believe me I've had many of those eff it moments followed by a batt pull), it's worked out just fine to wait it out a few seconds and yes... God forbid... a few minutes!
    12-23-08 12:20 AM
    Try setting up the memory cleaner. Go to Options -> Security Options -> Memory Cleaning and Enable.

This cleans out the RAM of the device. No data or browser cache is affected.

Here's my settings:

Clean when holstered: Yes
    Clean when idle: Yes
    Idle Timeout: 5 mins
    Show Icon on home screen: Yes (keeps you from going to this screen to run a quick RAM flush)

All this has kept me to minimal battery pulls - maybe once per week.

The Idle timeout, dies that mean it cleans everytime the device is idle, because that seems like a lot. Also, does it use the battery up much? Thanks.
    12-29-08 04:41 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD