Hi,
    I did a search prior to posting my question. When I set a custom ring tone for people in my address book it requires me ti make a custom tone for their messages too. I just want to have custom ringtonea and use the default message tone I set in my profile. Is there any way to make this happen? Thank you in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 08:59 PM
    I have a lot of custom ring tones for different contacts. The phone has never required me to make one for the message also.
    12-14-08 10:20 PM
    Just highlight the contact in your address book, press menu and add custom tone.
    12-14-08 10:28 PM
    One thing to note about custom ring tones per contacts is going to cause you an issue if you try to set things to vibe only. They still play if you have them configured.

12-15-08 01:37 AM
    One thing to note about custom ring tones per contacts is going to cause you an issue if you try to set things to vibe only. They still play if you have them configured.

unless you create a custome profile with the proper vibrate settings...

and create one with the proper silent settings..

for me it still rings there custom ton in the default profiles but I went through and created custom and everything works fantastic..
    12-15-08 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD