Well.. I posted last night on how the new Theme I'd purchased from Excelite(sp?) or whatever.. the people who do iBerry and stuff for $6.99 .. had been causing me lockups, slow accelerometer, resets..

Today.. about a hour or two ago I pulled my Storm from its case to check it and I noticed it was frozen with the spinning hourglass in the center.. then went to the white screen with the tiny reset box/message.. and powered off all by itself.. (Side note: I can't hoenstly say it's the theme causing this problem.. I'm also running the leaked .109 OS since it was leaked but haven't had issues like this ..)

Now, for the past hour or two, this is all it's been doing: white screen, hourglass, powers off with reset message.. repeat.. black screen red solid light.. white screen, hourglass.. time passes.. reset and powers off again.. repeat..

I've tried probably 20 battery pulls.. and nothing is working.. Tried yanking the SIM card and 8gig SD card as well .. Is this Storm foo'bar'd now and I need to walk up the street to the VZW store and get it replaced? I bought it at Best Buy for $530 cash a month or two ago.. since I wasn't yet eligible for a VZW upgrade.. Not sure what to try to get this phone working.. ugh ... Will the VZW store even look at it since it was bought from Best Buy or do I just call the online VZW suppot number and ask them about it and not mention Best Buy? Any ideas?

Jeff
    03-10-09 12:41 PM
    Well .. after battery checks, etc.. and sitting on the phone with a VZW level 2 rep for 20 minutes we've given up and he's overnight FedEx'ing Storm #3 to me.. Per him, after Storm #3 (if its within 90 days..) if it goes bad I can opt out and give up on the Storm and get a HTC Touch Pro :P ... we'll see how this one fares..

Jeff
    03-10-09 02:06 PM
    Sounds like you bricked your phone there are threads on here that helps you deal with it

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by digo909; 03-10-09 at 02:27 PM.
    03-10-09 02:14 PM
    you could try holding the escape key down while its rebooting, that should disable whatever app is causing the problem.
    03-10-09 03:04 PM
    I to had this happen to me about an hour ago after loading the iBerry theme last night and installing the leaked 109 on Sunday. Where is this magical Escape key?
    03-10-09 03:33 PM
    I believe its the key with the arrow in the half circle, next to the call hangup button.
    03-10-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD