do u guys think there is or would be a way to get 3g from ATT on the Verizon Storm. maybe a piece of hardware change or software change.

i know its crazy but u never know. u got to ask
    03-03-09 10:33 PM
    You'd have to add a new radio. Hardware change, and would take some serious lilliputian-ing. And perhaps some software to accompany the changes.

Could just wait for the 9520, if it comes out when the storm is still relevant.
    03-03-09 10:41 PM
    Just as an FYI ATT is GSM and Verizon is CDMA. Swapping phones with providers means you'd have to keep that in mind. If you wanted to purchase a new phone you could always look for a company in EU that might have a Storm since Europe is all GSM. But I'd do a little more investigating, or just wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 12:14 PM
    Just as an FYI ATT is GSM and Verizon is CDMA. Swapping phones with providers means you'd have to keep that in mind. If you wanted to purchase a new phone you could always look for a company in EU that might have a Storm since Europe is all GSM. But I'd do a little more investigating, or just wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the VZW Storm has GSM band radios on it for use internationally. What it doesn't have is the GSM band used for ATT 3G. The 9520 will have the radio that can use ATT 3G once it's unlocked.

It is possible to get the VZW Storm to work on ATT now, but it will only use EDGE due to the lack of the correct radio.
    03-04-09 12:54 PM
    This might better suit your needs:

Unlocked 9500's on EBay
    03-04-09 01:03 PM
    This might better suit your needs:

Unlocked 9500's on EBay
    i dont believe the 9500 will work on ATT 3G either. someone with more engineering knowledge about cell networks can tell you though
    03-04-09 01:06 PM
    wishful thinking but sign me up lol
    03-04-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD