The screen on my wife's Storm has a hairline fracture in it that is about 2 1/2" long from sort of the top right down toward the bottom right. It is not effecting the performance of the phone, typing, etc....it's more of an aesthetics issue.

Can this be fixed by replacing the screen? Does Verizon do this or is there some 3rd party that can do it? I know that with electronics it's usually cheaper to just replace the entire device rather than trying to fix it, but her upgrade isn't available for over another year and I don't want to spend $300-$400 to get her a new phone.

Thoughts?
    11-05-09 07:28 AM
    well is the fracture on the inside of the screen on is it on the outside asking becuase verizon doesnt cover cracked screens but if it is inside the screen some how you can possibly fight it and let them know that the "fracture" or "crack" wasnt your fault.
    11-05-09 07:40 AM
    The screen on my wife's Storm has a hairline fracture in it that is about 2 1/2" long from sort of the top right down toward the bottom right. It is not effecting the performance of the phone, typing, etc....it's more of an aesthetics issue.

Can this be fixed by replacing the screen? Does Verizon do this or is there some 3rd party that can do it? I know that with electronics it's usually cheaper to just replace the entire device rather than trying to fix it, but her upgrade isn't available for over another year and I don't want to spend $300-$400 to get her a new phone.

Thoughts?
    Does she have insurance on her phone? If she does then it will cost $50 to replace it. If not then take it to a Verizon store and ask them if it can be repaired. Either way take it to a Verizon store.

Update: The deductible for "Advanced Devices" is $89 if you have Verizon's TEC Insurance.
    Last edited by buckifvr; 11-05-09 at 08:25 AM.
    11-05-09 07:42 AM
    Does she have insurance on her phone? If she does then it will cost $50 to replace it. If not then take it to a Verizon store and ask them if it can be repaired. Either way take it to a Verizon store.
    charged me $90
    11-05-09 07:47 AM
    The crack is on the outside...it was caused from multiple drops...definitely our fault (it was my phone but I just gave it to her when I upgraded to the Storm 2).

No insurance
    11-05-09 08:00 AM
    charged me $90
    REALLY????? Verizon must have different levels of insurance coverage. Anytime I've to file a claim its always been $50, but I haven't had to file for my Storm. Maybe its different.
    11-05-09 08:01 AM
    Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry, looks like they sell screens for $100

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 08:08 AM
    charged me $90
    I just check the insurance information, and you are absolutely correct. The deductible for "Advanced Devices" is $89.00. Now I know.
    11-05-09 08:24 AM
    The crack is on the outside...it was caused from multiple drops...definitely our fault (it was my phone but I just gave it to her when I upgraded to the Storm 2).

No insurance
    Pay $50 and get another covered by insurance. I'm not sure if you answered the question of whether you guys have insurance but hopefully you do.

I also applaud you for not making up some idiotic reason and being honest about what happened to the phone. You should read some of the stories on CB. Good luck and after you get the new phone get an Otterbox or maybe kevlar
    11-05-09 08:35 AM
    Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry, looks like they sell screens for $100

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Perfect...this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! Thank you
    11-05-09 08:37 AM
    Duh, just read the end of ur post about not having insurance. So no I dub thee a NOOB. Always get insurance especially for females, they're clumsy (sorry ladies).
    11-05-09 08:38 AM
    Pay $50 and get another covered by insurance. I'm not sure if you answered the question of whether you guys have insurance but hopefully you do.

I also applaud you for not making up some idiotic reason and being honest about what happened to the phone. You should read some of the stories on CB. Good luck and after you get the new phone get an Otterbox or maybe kevlar
    You mean to tell me that someone would actually make up a story about something happening to their phone so THEY don't have to pay for it

(Just kidding)

Honesty isn't the best policy...it's the ONLY policy!
    11-05-09 08:40 AM
    The insurance may be 50 if you have not had a claim since they changed it, you might be under contract at the old insurance rate. IF you got the phone after the change thou, it'll be 89. It was changed around 3 or 4 months ago.
    11-05-09 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD