My screen cracked yesterday when I was typing. Every time I would click the keyboard to type the screen would stick in the pressed position and would stay there. So i was pressing and tapping the screen fairly hard to get it to pop back out and it cracked. This is a refurbished replacement phone and the screen had very poor response for the past two weeks or so. Does anyone know the best angle to take at the verizon store to get a replacement for free. Im not paying for the mistakes of RIM releasing a phone a year premature. The upcoming storm 2 should have been the first touch screen blackberry. Is there any way to get a new storm instead of a factory refurbished one or go to the tour. I am tempted to try and get out of my contract and head over to ATT and get the bold. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Last edited by fentonj; 07-20-09 at 10:24 AM.
    07-20-09 10:11 AM
    I recommend u go into a VZW store & test a refurb for click & call quality. Option for new or model switch only given if u've had 3 replacements in 30 days i think.
    07-20-09 07:17 PM
    if its any kind of physical damage no matter how it got there they will charge you $50 to replace it. its a VERY slim chance you will get it replaced for free its at managers discretion but they probably wont do it because they get charged back for replacing phones with cracked screens without charging the $50 fee. if you pay the fee its an even slimmer chance to get a brand new phone out the box because that has to be taken out of the inventory. hope this helps ive had a lot of replacements i know the system like the back of my hand. oh and dont say you are going to cancel your contract and go somewhere else cuz they dont care and will only hurt your chances
    07-20-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD