So i cracked the screen on my storm today...you think they will exchange it if i say it has software issues?

and should i downgrade to .75 before i do it?
    03-17-09 12:33 PM
    they should exchange it because its broke, especially within 30 days
    03-17-09 12:37 PM
    If you have insurance it'll cover the broken screen, no ruse necessary. Downgrade just incase.
    03-17-09 12:37 PM
    no insurance and i bought the phone the day it came out
    03-17-09 12:42 PM
    Aww crap! No insurance? Go buy a new one.
    03-17-09 12:50 PM
    Yeah. I seriously don't think they're going to give you a new phone with a phone you purchased in November with a cracked screen and no insurance.
    03-17-09 12:53 PM
    what in your mind possessed you not to get insurance!
    03-17-09 12:54 PM
    You can buy a new screen for $100 at cnn.cn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 12:54 PM
    So I called them and told them my phone was having software issues..they are sending me a new one

03-17-09 02:12 PM
    That's going to end up costing you a lot of money. You have to send your old phone in when the new one comes in. When they receive the broken one they are going to bill your account for the full retail price of the phone

03-17-09 02:23 PM
    "it broke during shipping"
    03-17-09 02:54 PM
    It costs $52 had the same problem and thats what they charged me. Just say you found it cracked and don't say you dropped cause then u will have to pay full price!
    03-17-09 03:06 PM
    What do they say. . Karmas a bi@tch. Don't know about you but even though I don't 100% believe in karma not willing to chance it in todays economy.

03-17-09 03:19 PM
    nice..and for why i dont have insurance..I feel its a waste of money, you can usually get a replacement phone for $50 without having insurance, but i like free A LOT better
    03-17-09 03:21 PM
    I also have a cracked screen, no insurance (stupid, I know), and I bought it in December. Has anyone replaced their screen by purchasing / installing a part bought from CN? Or did you have luck talking to Customer Service and they sent you a new one (or one for $50)? If the later, what did you say was the cause for your cracked screen?
    03-18-09 11:11 AM
    "it broke during shipping"
    Try not to cry too hard when you get a bill for the full cost of the phone. Doubt very much they will buy your "broke during shipping".
    03-18-09 11:17 AM
    what in your mind possessed you not to get insurance!
    The question ought to be "What in your mind possessed you to get insurance?" since if our minds worked rationally 100% of the time, we would discover that the chances of our screens breaking are so small that they do not actually warrant insurance. But since we all have moments of irrationality, insurance seems like a good idea. Insurance is a form of gambling, and most gambling is irrational.

Answer OP's question is that without insurance you have to buy a new phone or risk replacing your broken screen as suggested. You could consider buying one off Ebay and selling your broken one for parts.
    03-18-09 11:24 AM
    The question ought to be "What in your mind possessed you to get insurance?" since if our minds worked rationally 100% of the time, we would discover that the chances of our screens breaking are so small that they do not actually warrant insurance. But since we all have moments of irrationality, insurance seems like a good idea. Insurance is a form of gambling, and most gambling is irrational.

Answer OP's question is that without insurance you have to buy a new phone or risk replacing your broken screen as suggested. You could consider buying one off Ebay and selling your broken one for parts.
    Well the insurance saved me from having to pay full price on my new Storm.

As for the Ebay comment. I wouldn't buy a phone from there because who ever stolen my storm can sell it on there and the person that buys it will be ripped off. Since Verizon wont turn on a stolen phone.
    03-18-09 11:34 AM
    ive had 2nd thoughts on keeping my insurance. i have seen numerous posts and also my sister in law had a phone replaced at verizon for 50 bucks w/ no insurance.

y am i paying for it when i can get them replaced anyways.
    03-18-09 12:13 PM
    "broke during shipping" and then you used it for 6 months..? I'm assuming VZW will figure that one out?
    03-18-09 12:18 PM
    Say that it cracked while pressing the screen and using it.
    03-18-09 12:21 PM
    Try not to cry too hard when you get a bill for the full cost of the phone. Doubt very much they will buy your "broke during shipping".
    lmao. also don't be surprised when verizon drops you and reports you to law enforcement. what you've done is called fraud, and it carries a stiff penalty. don't forget, they record your customer service calls for this reason specifically. to catch the liars and cheaters.

i would try to make it right as soon as possible, if i were you. you'll thank me later.
    03-18-09 12:32 PM
    Aww crap! No insurance? Go buy a new one.
    If the phone is still usable sign up today for the policy then make a claim in 6 weeks..
    03-18-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD