My storm will be arriving within the next couple days, and I wanted to set it up so it can run at its maximum potential with the available OS's, so I will wipe the phone and then install .76.

I am a new blackberry user, and I really have tried to search the forums but I cant find the answer, but I cant seem to find any step by step instructions for how to wipe the device. Before I wipe my device, I would actually know what its going to do as well.

I do understand that first I wipe the device, then install the OS from the Bell OS link. I just dont know how.

A few more questions:

If I end up wanting to send it back, would the non-verizon OS void anything? Would i need to send it back with .75? Is it easy to revert it to the official .75?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. The forums have been so helpful and so addicting! For months I have been reading the forums and now I will actually have the device!
    12-08-08 01:06 PM
    anyone? please?
    12-08-08 01:25 PM
    Dont wipe it right away, just see how it goes with the real .75 then you decide.
    I personally would wait to wipe it
    12-08-08 01:31 PM
    I would recommend waiting, if this is your first BB, there's a huuuuge learning curve to start with..
    Down the road a week or 2, here is the step by step..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/.
    12-08-08 01:36 PM
    Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings

Click "services:" at the bottom of the list.
    Select Wipe Handheld
    12-08-08 01:38 PM
    The differences between the leaked 75, official 75 and Bell 76 are inconsequential

Wait for a .8x or.9x before worrying about "upgrading"

If the phone comes with .65, I would just upgrade to the official .75 and.
    12-08-08 02:11 PM
    The differences between the leaked 75, official 75 and Bell 76 are inconsequential

Wait for a .8x or.9x before worrying about "upgrading"

If the phone comes with .65, I would just upgrade to the official .75 and.
    +1

Use the .75 Verizon version. I've had all the OS's on my phone, .65, leaked .75, official .75, and Bell .76. The differences in .76 and .75 aren't worth the time to upgrade... Just my opinion of course...
    12-08-08 02:17 PM
    +1

Use the .75 Verizon version. I've had all the OS's on my phone, .65, leaked .75, official .75, and Bell .76. The differences in .76 and .75 aren't worth the time to upgrade... Just my opinion of course...
    Um, you might want to update your sig then..
    12-08-08 02:18 PM
    No, I'm still running .76 on my phone lol... However for a newbie, I wouldn't recommend throwing on an OS that's not Vendor specific to his phone.. Not until he gets familiar with BB terminology etc.. Plus the only reason I'm still running .76 is b/c it was the last OS I put on my phone, and there's really no noticeable difference between .75 and .76 to warrant the time to downgrade back to .75...
    12-08-08 02:21 PM
    No, I'm still running .76 on my phone lol... However for a newbie, I wouldn't recommend throwing on an OS that's not Vendor specific to his phone.. Not until he gets familiar with BB terminology etc.. Plus the only reason I'm still running .76 is b/c it was the last OS I put on my phone, and there's really no noticeable difference between .75 and .76 to warrant the time to downgrade back to .75...
    good idea, mind if I post your .76 link in the link thread??
    12-08-08 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD