How much do you guys think the blackberry thunder will cost,i know blackberrys already cost alot but dont you think the addition of a touchscreen will send the price even further through the roof
    06-22-08 09:10 AM
    I dont think so because remember, they have to price it competitively with the iPhone 3G. I think it'll be somewhere around $299 after the rebates and upgrade price from Verizon.
    06-22-08 10:29 AM
    maybe your right, good thinking Stang
    06-22-08 02:38 PM
    They always charge an arm and a leg at verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 03:25 PM
    Yes. It will be expensive as are all Verizon phones.

We can guess all we want, but it won't make any difference at all so I won't bother. Plus, I'm on T-Mobile.

06-22-08 08:35 PM
    Not all Verizon phones are expensive. I got my Pearl for $50 + tax - $50 mir. $4.00 doesn't seem expensive to me!
    06-23-08 09:32 PM
    Verizon: I'll say it again; you get what you pay for.

To me, vzw is worth any extra money I spend with them. Never had a single problem with em!

06-23-08 09:35 PM
    I have a problem with Verizon disabling features on my phones.

I think this new one will probably cost One Hondred Million Dollarz!!!

Oh yeah, and best of all, the touchscreen will be disabled.... it's a security risk to the user and to the Verizon network. If it was enabled, someone could steal your fingerprint via Bluetooth OBEX... that's why that's disabled as well.
    06-23-08 10:25 PM
    Does anyone have any pics of the Thunder? I want to review its features as well...SO FAR...BOLD isnt as HOT as I had hoped to switch or bother with. I dont like the new look at all and wil the new 4.6 be an upgrade for all anyway? I was so excited but the take for me is kinda anti-climactic.....
    06-24-08 12:47 PM
    I agree that it will be pricey but I think it will still be priced to compete with the iphone.

And I also agree that you get what you pay for with verizon. Happy as can be with no problems and amazing service

06-24-08 03:01 PM
    I have a problem with Verizon disabling features on my phones.

I think this new one will probably cost One Hondred Million Dollarz!!!

Oh yeah, and best of all, the touchscreen will be disabled.... it's a security risk to the user and to the Verizon network. If it was enabled, someone could steal your fingerprint via Bluetooth OBEX... that's why that's disabled as well.
    It is coming to Verizon, so that means it is already in At&t stores, right?
    06-24-08 03:07 PM
    from what I heard its a verizon exclusive
    06-26-08 03:07 AM
    It will probably be expensive but I think it should stay around the price of the iphones(plus minus 100 bucks).
    06-26-08 09:11 AM
    I've personally tried cell phone carriers from all over the globe and in the states and I still can't seem to find a carrier that can compete with T-Mobile when it comes to value. They have great coverage and nobody can beat the amount of minutes they give you for the price that goes along with it. (I'm personally on ATT because ATT gets the best phones first without a question).

The Blackberry Thunder is actually going to operate like the Verizon 8830 from what I hear (works with CDMA and GSM) but Verizon might try to lock it in to CDMA only...
    06-26-08 11:38 AM
    Anybody know what it's going to be in Canada?
    Apparently it may be going to TELUS because they have a partnership with Verizon or something...
    06-26-08 03:25 PM
    Nobody knows, as it is not announce yet... nobody even knows the Bold pricing and we know a lot more about that than the Thunder.

I guess it will be fairly expensive, especially with VZW. Heck, isn't that Voyager thingy or whatever about $200?!
    06-26-08 03:30 PM
    I dont think so because remember, they have to price it competitively with the iPhone 3G. I think it'll be somewhere around $299 after the rebates and upgrade price from Verizon.
    I think they will not charge more than $300
    06-26-08 05:02 PM
    Nobody knows, as it is not announce yet... nobody even knows the Bold pricing and we know a lot more about that than the Thunder.

I guess it will be fairly expensive, especially with VZW. Heck, isn't that Voyager thingy or whatever about $200?!
    Any idea on when they will announce?
    06-26-08 05:03 PM
    Well, the Bold was officially announced a while ago and there's STILL not much info on it...like when its coming out! So I am not expecting anything to be announced about the Thunder anytime soon. However, if you believe in the rumor mill, then the Thunder will be coming exslusively to Verizon in September of this year.

06-26-08 11:22 PM
    A friend of mine works at AT&T and said the Bold should be out in July. She's heard that the Thunder will be out in August-September. I agree that it will be comparable to the iPhone, which means $300... The only bad things I've heard about VZW is that their plans SUCK!!! I went with T-Mobile because, to me, they had the best plans for my needs. VZW will lose their exclusivity because they won't meet quota... Watch...
    06-29-08 02:52 PM
    VZW will meet their quota. They've got consumers and a well established corporate network to work off of. They can wrap up a lot of corporates that were jiving for the iPhone but can't have it. And they can market when they want to "make" a phone.

And who knows, they may have signed a design pact or something so it's not even a quota issue.

We'll have to see how this plays out when announcements and SEC Q filings start pouring out.
    06-29-08 10:12 PM
    Id think it would be in the 350$ range
    07-02-08 03:51 PM
    Yes. It will be expensive as are all Verizon phones.

We can guess all we want, but it won't make any difference at all so I won't bother. Plus, I'm on T-Mobile.

Expensive? I actually made 40 dollars on my curve. They over charged me and refunded double the difference. Even before that I only paid 70 for it. Why don't you do some research!

07-02-08 08:40 PM
    I just bought my Pearl not too long ago on eBay after having the Voyager, so I hope this phone isn't too expensive. If it's nice then maybe I'll convince my dad to let me buy it.

I hope it's not another crappy touch screen phone from Verizon though. They have 3 now, although I admit the Dare has some pretty neat features.
    07-03-08 12:08 AM
    I think that the Blackberry is a competitor for the iphone so the price with 2 year contract will be between 300-350$
    07-03-08 09:04 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD