ok. got a storm and here's what I've done to no avail.

Email Adress:
    [email protected]

Password:

After typing that in it tells me Unable to set up and choose one of the following. I choose "I will provide the settings to add this email account"

Then I choose: "This is my work email account"

Then Choose: Outlook Web Access "I can access my email account using a web browser (outlook Web access)

Then I type in Outlook Web Access URL:
    https://webmail.company.com/exchange

Username:
    mname

Password:
    (already there from before)

Email Address:
    (already there from before)

Mailbox Name:
    work email

It shows "Microsoft Outlook/Exchange up top and says processing (and the 10 times I did this it "processed" for a LONG time) then I get a message that says "Unable to add account. Please check your information and try again."

Any ideas why I get that message. I've got to tell you, on my ipod touch it was very easy to set up email with my Outlook Exchange Server. This is a real pain.

I do use SSL but there was no option for me to turn that on with the Storm (that I found). Could that be the issue?

Please help. I am liking the phone and I don't want to switch to AT&T for the iPhone and I don't want to go thru another couple of years with Windows Mobile.

Thanks.
    Mailbox is wrong. It generally is your username.
    11-21-08 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion Boots but no go. I changed it to my username and it didn't work. Also, I tried to change the username to "domain/mname" but that didn't help either.

Appreciate all of you trying to help.
    11-21-08 02:32 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion Boots but no go. I changed it to my username and it didn't work. Also, I tried to change the username to "domain/mname" but that didn't help either.

Appreciate all of you trying to help.
    I hope its a typo but it should be domain\username

and the domain is your local domain. If you do not know how to get this information let me know. You can pm me and I can help if you need.
    11-21-08 03:08 PM
    Noles200, I am pretty sure that you can only sync your contacts and calender with BES, I may be wrong, but that is the gist I have gotten from a lot of researching here. Lastly, do a search for Storm and OWA or Outlook Web Access. I seem to remeber reading one about this problem. Something having to do with entering in the wrong password so you are prompted for more info. Sorry for the vague answer, I have just read way too much in the last few days about the Storm....

BES does more than just contacts and calender. It syncs all email, contacts, calenders and tasks. It also allows administrators more control of the BB. Such as push install of software or remote wipe if the device gets stolen. It can do a lot of cool ****.
    11-21-08 03:18 PM
    I hope its a typo but it should be domain\username

and the domain is your local domain. If you do not know how to get this information let me know. You can pm me and I can help if you need.
    Just pm'd you. It was not a typo (I was showing mname as My Name - as in first initial of first name and last name). That was my username.

Thanks
    11-21-08 04:29 PM
    Having the same issue with setting up my OWA on BIS.
    Can't have a corporate BES acct or my dept would have to pay an additional $5K per year just for me.
    The strange thing about accessing our OWA through the URL - it makes you log in twice. Once you log in the first time, it redirects to another secure site & you log in again.
    So I've tried to use Opera Mini & the ATT browser on my BB to access the OWA url.
    The OWA says it's not supported by Opera Mini - and the home OWA page says that my browser is not accepting cookies from them.
    An onsite IT person said I need to get a certificate pushed to my BB and then I should be able to access OWA through the browser. Told me to call corporate IT. I've called support - he's checking into it.
    Can you help me with getting my browser settings right?
    (We switched from Lotus Notes to OWA 07 about 2 months ago. I used the browser to access lotus & be able to read my emails prior - but couldn't reply from there)
    Thx!
    11-22-08 09:19 AM
    Ok, so I got it working. I can't believe this worked but instead of going thru the normal setup I literally just set it up like a POP email (the same as my gmail account and for some reason it worked). I did use my "alias" email address. Normally our email addresses are [email protected]. Our alias email addres is first inital, last name @company.com. Did that, put in my password and next thing you know I get confirmation that it was set up and should start working within 20 minutes. I waited about 10 minutes and sent a test email to my work email and then sent one out from BB. Done and HAPPY! Now if only I could get the contacts and calendars to sync OTA instead of connected life would be great!
    11-22-08 04:58 PM
    Having the same issue with setting up my OWA on BIS.
    Can't have a corporate BES acct or my dept would have to pay an additional $5K per year just for me.
    The strange thing about accessing our OWA through the URL - it makes you log in twice. Once you log in the first time, it redirects to another secure site & you log in again.
    So I've tried to use Opera Mini & the ATT browser on my BB to access the OWA url.
    The OWA says it's not supported by Opera Mini - and the home OWA page says that my browser is not accepting cookies from them.
    An onsite IT person said I need to get a certificate pushed to my BB and then I should be able to access OWA through the browser. Told me to call corporate IT. I've called support - he's checking into it.
    Can you help me with getting my browser settings right?
    (We switched from Lotus Notes to OWA 07 about 2 months ago. I used the browser to access lotus & be able to read my emails prior - but couldn't reply from there)
    Thx!
    Are you using remote web workplace?
    11-22-08 06:18 PM
    Are you using remote web workplace?
    I don't believe I am. At home the only way I access my email is via the OWA url for my company. I don't have access to my desktop or anything.
    11-22-08 08:29 PM
    Does anyone know how to sync your Outlok web calender with BIS.

I was able to sync the email, but i would also like the calendar it doesn't have to be real time but just something so i can get my meeting info into my storm.

I know i can log in via the browser but i am hoping there is an easier way.
    11-23-08 11:31 AM
    Does anyone know how to sync your Outlok web calender with BIS.

I was able to sync the email, but i would also like the calendar it doesn't have to be real time but just something so i can get my meeting info into my storm.

I know i can log in via the browser but i am hoping there is an easier way.
    BIS only does email. You can sync with the usb cable.
    11-23-08 11:58 AM
    I don't believe I am. At home the only way I access my email is via the OWA url for my company. I don't have access to my desktop or anything.
    If your willing shoot me over the url that you are using and I can try to help you if you like.

In fact if anyone needs help you can shoot me a PM. I setup a lot during the work week.
    11-23-08 12:00 PM
    BIS only does email. You can sync with the usb cable.
    How do you do this with the USB if you are exclusively using web outlook.

I'll send you our web URL via PM
    11-23-08 03:13 PM
    waiting for IT - but thanks for the help.
    11-25-08 10:27 AM
    Also guys, sometimes it's easier to simply set this up via the BIS portal website on a PC rather then the device itself, especially if you have unique settings and identifiers which your IT geeks didn't specify as "the norm" in the way you normally set up a Microsoft network.

Anyway, yes, your contacts and calendars will have to sync via Desktop Mananger and a USB cable(make sure when you install it you pick INTERNET EMAIL AND NOT ENTERPRISE) configured to tie into Outlook when you're in the office. If for some reason you don't work in the office and your company only gave you OWA access, then you're kinda screwed, unless of course they also give you VPN access to the network, in which case you could still use Outlook configured via that connected to tie into the internal Exchange server. Once that connection is in place, DM should have no problem being configured to sync your stuff over the BB. Then when you're done, you simply unplug and disconnect if you don't need to keep using the VPN for other needs.
    11-25-08 01:00 PM
    tried on the BIS via PC didn't work
    11-25-08 03:22 PM
    I am using this paid service for my contacts/calander/notes/task OWA sync and so far i am happy with it. Its $4 per month.

ThinkPost Communications - Home
    11-26-08 04:46 AM
    I find this all really really surprising in truth...

RIM have released a very cool phone which they want to be widely accepted in the prosumer market...

And yet, getting full push capabilities (mail, calendar and contacts) seems to be virtually impossible unless you work for a company running BES.

I my case I run a very small business and have not got BES.

I have been using a Nokia E71 and have been wondering whether to upgrade to a storm.

My E71 gives me 100% push capabilities using active sync/ Mail for Exchange and it is 100% free. All my mail is pushed, my calendar and my contacts are synced instantly...

To get the same functionality from a Storm would require me putting in place BES when I can get the same functionality for free on my Nokia.

Seems a no brainer to me and a real missed opportunity from RIM. If they want this phone to have global appeal, they should have an easy and FREE way of syncing over the air using active sync.

Very disappointing...
    11-26-08 06:00 AM
    OK, here's what I did. I started by using thinkpost.net, however, there is another free option.

I set up a rule on the M$ Exchange server to redirect (not forward) all of my incoming emails. It still leaves a copy on the server, however, when it redirects, I don't get a bunch of emails with my email as the From: person. I redirect them to my Blackberry.net email addy.

On my VZW BIS site, I set up my Reply to email addy as [email protected] so when I reply to the redirected emails, it looks as if it's coming from my corporate email address. All emails are sent immediately with no delay.

The 2 downsides to this scenario are 1-your emails that get redirected show that they were redirected to the blackberry.net email (for example, your meeting makers would show that to the sender) and 2-if you delete emails off of your Blackberry, they don't get deleted off of the server.

I know this isn't an ideal solution, but it's free and I can still get my urgent emails and reply to them in real time. I just have to remember to log into my corporate email and clear out the box so as not to fill it up, but that's a no brainer.
    11-26-08 10:25 AM
    which, sorry to say, rather proves my point about the underrated nokia and its push solution...
    11-26-08 10:28 AM
    I don't doubt you at all. Company's and their proprietary solutions will do that to ya. I hated the iPhone like no other, but they got the push email with Exchange right.
    11-26-08 10:41 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD