Does anybody know if any releases (actual or leaked) solves the problem you get when trying to select a section in a long memo to cut or paste, where the screen scrolls down as soon as you try to highlight a section?

This is one of the many bugs on this phone that drives me crazy, and makes the cut/paste feature almost unusable.

Thanks!
    12-12-09 02:12 PM
    yeah I hate that too. I just work around that by scrolling to the top and start the selection from there. Also if this is something you do often there is a small utility that does that I've forgotten the name but It goes for $3

=X=

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 10:28 PM
    ok thanks. Another workaround is to position the cursor where you want to begin, then select the BB button, then select, then you can move the cursor to the end of your selection and copy it.

When are they ever going to fix problems like this that have existed for a year?????? I cant wait to get my Droid!
    12-12-09 10:37 PM
    ok thanks. Another workaround is to position the cursor where you want to begin, then select the BB button, then select, then you can move the cursor to the end of your selection and copy it.
    Cool I'll have to try this

When are they ever going to fix problems like this that have existed for a year?????? I cant wait to get my Droid!
    I don't think they will. If you ever tried selecting/coping on the Storm2 it's perfect, the control moves exactly where you want to put the cursor. The hardware on the Storm 2 is just that much better I don't see them trying to support legacy hardware.

I'm not sure if the Droid is any better, I have not tried to Cut-n-Paste next time I'm in the store I'll give it a go.

=X=
    12-13-09 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD