I have several movies that are in mp4 format. They all seem to have the bars on the top and bottom. I usually just "copy with no conversion" because the optimal playback conversion takes FOREVER. What does the optimal playback conversion actually do versus the no conversion?
    05-11-09 12:14 PM
    May want to search on this.
    05-11-09 01:06 PM
    It means the movies are in widescreen format if the black bars are there. Why bother converting something that already works on your berry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 01:42 PM
    What I can tell you that it does is this. Normal xvid or divx files etc are not optimized to work as intended on the storm by default. The framerates and size etc etc are off so the convert for optimal playback attempts to fix this for you. If you just copy an xvid or divx movie to your storm you will notice " or at least on mine it does " that the playback is really choppy and at times can freeze or error out. But if you optimize the video the playback becomes smooth and comepletely watchable without error. There is a catch to this though and that is that the video can sometimes not be centered. Not a dealbreaker to me because im too lazy to manually convert the files myself. But thats just me.
    05-11-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD