After speaking to 3 corp store managers (2 of which I know very well), they all informed me that the Storm will be 1st come 1st served DESPITE reps saying otherwise. They stated that VZW will not hold devices per calling lists and these lists r just used to call customers to inform them of the phone's release (duh, hence calling list).

And all 3 independently stated that they WILL NOT allow reps to hold devices for customers if there are people lined up to get the phone. They stated that VZW wants this phone to have a launch a la iphone (hence lines, it'd be bad to have a phone launch and only say 20 customers can get the phone outright with 80 being held). They also stated that although supply should be large, there may not be enough allocated to stores on day 1, thus shortages. I've known 2 of these managers for quite some time and they told me that it's best if I show up prior to the store opening.

I was speaking to a rep who was telling me that they will hold a device for me, but my manager friend overheard from the back and stated that they cannot do that.

Now I hope this isn't true, but just passing along info confirmed on 3 different occasions.
    11-14-08 06:50 PM
    I have two 100$ deposits on two phones at my local store.
    11-14-08 06:53 PM
    I've got mine pre-ordered via telesales. I can wait a few days to have mine guaranteed.
    11-14-08 06:56 PM
    After speaking to 3 corp store managers (2 of which I know very well), they all informed me that the Storm will be 1st come 1st served DESPITE reps saying otherwise. They stated that VZW will not hold devices per calling lists and these lists r just used to call customers to inform them of the phone's release (duh, hence calling list).

And all 3 independently stated that they WILL NOT allow reps to hold devices for customers if there are people lined up to get the phone. They stated that VZW wants this phone to have a launch a la iphone (hence lines, it'd be bad to have a phone launch and only say 20 customers can get the phone outright with 80 being held). They also stated that although supply should be large, there may not be enough allocated to stores on day 1, thus shortages. I've known 2 of these managers for quite some time and they told me that it's best if I show up prior to the store opening.

I was speaking to a rep who was telling me that they will hold a device for me, but my manager friend overheard from the back and stated that they cannot do that.

Now I hope this isn't true, but just passing along info confirmed on 3 different occasions.
    Thank you! I've been trying to tell you guys this now for the past two days. There isn't a corporate pre-order for the phone. So how can the corp stores do it when they are run by Verizon. Independent resellers are another story. The storm will be sold first come, first serve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 06:57 PM

I also have a corp store manager friend, after intense repeated grilling,,, this was exactly what he copped to also, so you have been told the truth... he couldn't and wouldn't even cut me one on the side Thursday night for a benji... They've been told they will be receiving a large shipment Thursday and another larger shipment the following Monday and calling everyone back that might not have gotten one over the weekend, if they run out... He was also shocked that they are opening up 3 hours early on the 21st, and only 1 hour early on black Friday...FWIW
    11-14-08 07:00 PM
    hopefully they will have some when my family decides to switch to verizon
    11-14-08 07:00 PM
    I have two 100$ deposits on two phones at my local store.
    I've got mine pre-ordered via telesales. I can wait a few days to have mine guaranteed.
    Have either of you been actually billed?

From what I have been told (by all 3 managers), they cannot bill anything in the system AT ALL in regards to the Storm.
    11-14-08 07:01 PM
    Hey all,

I too went to my store tonight and was told that it would be 1st come 1st serve. She also said that they had already called 84 people on the "list" (and they haven't called me yet tho) and she said shes pretty sure the store won't have that many in stock! She said they would have a seperate line in the store for people to order the storms and get them by Tuesday after they sell out.

I did call telesales and the woman there told me they could not do any preording and that they suspect it to be like the voyager release( I am not familiar with that release). She did say that as long as I buy within the first week I shouldn't have to worry about backorders... I'm not really sure about all that though.

So yea there is my 2 cents who knows though.....
    11-14-08 07:02 PM
    1st come 1st served in VBeach too. Got put on a call list.

Last edited by jakedsnk; 11-14-08 at 07:12 PM.
    11-14-08 07:10 PM
    Has there been anything official released about stores opening early 11/21?

I did search - but I found nothing more than word of mouth.

11-14-08 07:17 PM

You have to personally ask your store.

2 by me will be opening @ 8am (1 hour earlier than normal) the other @ 7am (2 hours prior)
    11-14-08 07:26 PM

Sounds like it's by area, the Phoenix area corp stores will be opening at 6:00..
    Doesn't sound as if it was a per store decision, it was handed down..
    kinda how it was explained to me..
    11-14-08 07:26 PM
    You have to personally ask your store.

2 by me will be opening @ 8am (1 hour earlier than normal) the other @ 7am (2 hours prior)
    Sounds like it's by area, the Phoenix area corp stores will be opening at 6:00..
    Doesn't sound as if it was a per store decision, it was handed down..
    kinda how it was explained to me..
    Cool thanks for the info..

Has anyone heard about any early openings in the Philly/Jersey area?
    11-14-08 07:44 PM
    Went to both stores in King of Prussia PA today. They will be opening at 7:00 on the 21st - and 8:00 on the 22nd. I'm guessing that means that they will have more phones on Day 2.

Also - called Telesales - the rep I spoke to said that she would call me on Thursdau to set things up. It would ship on Friday - free shipping would get it to me on Monday - Overnight for Saturday would be an additional $20.

If she calls - I'll probably get it throught telesales - and not get all stressed about waiting in line. Just knowing that I have one, would have to decide if it's wourth the additional $20 - or just wait until Monday.
    11-14-08 09:02 PM
    I said it before in another thread. It's a general rule of retail. The customer in the store is the sure sale, not the potential customer on the other end of the telephone.
    11-14-08 09:07 PM
    I have talked to 3 different stores here in Portland OR, 2 corp stores and one in a Circuit City and all 3 of them told me the same thing first come first server on friday.

One store in the local mall told me that if they run out and you did not get it on the 21st that they would overnight it to you.

edit: For the person that said it was going to be like the Voyager. As far as sales goes. They sold out of the voyager on the first day by noon and it took them 2 months to get any back in stock.
    Last edited by WG; 11-14-08 at 09:14 PM.
    11-14-08 09:09 PM
    Went to both stores in King of Prussia PA today. They will be opening at 7:00 on the 21st - and 8:00 on the 22nd. I'm guessing that means that they will have more phones on Day 2.

Also - called Telesales - the rep I spoke to said that she would call me on Thursdau to set things up. It would ship on Friday - free shipping would get it to me on Monday - Overnight for Saturday would be an additional $20.

If she calls - I'll probably get it throught telesales - and not get all stressed about waiting in line. Just knowing that I have one, would have to decide if it's wourth the additional $20 - or just wait until Monday.

I was serious about the hundo to get it Thursday instead of Friday, to me $20 for Saturday instead of Monday is a no brainer..
    11-14-08 09:14 PM

From what I have been told (by all 3 managers), they cannot bill anything in the system AT ALL in regards to the Storm.
    I haven't been billed, but the woman I spoke to took down all of my information - from the phone, to the pricing plan, to the accessories, credit card number, shipping address, etc.

I suppose "preorder" is the wrong word. All of my information is in the system, all that's left is to basically hit the "order" button.
    11-14-08 09:24 PM

IF I read the last part right, I can't bill the STORM Phone to my account like I've done in the past with other Verizon phones!! : ( I like everything on one bill I hate using creditcards!!

11-14-08 09:49 PM
    yea. its true. Im guaranteed one but i have to be there within the first hour. Our store here isnt opening early. its in a mall.
    11-14-08 09:55 PM
    I went to Verizon today to get my credit check done. The rep gave me her card and told me to call her when I have a chance to come in. I have to work at 9am on Friday so I told her that I would like to come by early in the morning and she said she would be arriving a little early so all should be good.
    11-14-08 10:07 PM
    CT stores are opening 1 hr earlier @8am on the 21st.
    11-14-08 10:15 PM
    I've heard 1st come as well
    11-14-08 10:40 PM
    Some stores will do pre-order lists and some won't.
    11-14-08 10:44 PM
    I don't think the stores doing lists will be holding anything for anybody. 1st come 1st served. I was told they were just using the list to gauge how much interest there is for that particular store and how many they will order. Or something like that.

Cupertino, Ca VZW store opens at 7AM on the 21st.
    11-14-08 10:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD