As the title states I am wondering about Content Protection and Memory Cleaning.

All the info i read would suggest that the average non-buisness user would not need these turned on.

Question is would there ever be a situation where it would be good to have them ON?

I would think the Password to lock the phone would be enough to stop most people from getting to my data if berry is ever lost or stolen. Or is it?

No hardcore data is stored on it just wouldnt want someone being able to have my contacts and e-mails

As far as File Encryption how would that impact performance and if someone was to remove it and put in a card reader does it actually prevent them from getting to my files?

Any help would be great
    Thank you.
    01-20-09 11:45 PM
    a n y o n e ?
    01-21-09 01:41 AM
    The average non-business user has no need for the security functions you describe. A password is completely sufficient to protect your data. There are no backdoors into BlackBerries. The downside of that is if you forget your password, all your personal data will be lost.

You can encrypt your Media Card so that it cannot be used outside your BlackBerry. The instructions are in your User Guide.
    01-21-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD