Hello. I have a 9530 and running .167. When I go into contacts I can see that all my contacts are there, but when I back up contacts, only 5 of them (the ones I manually added to the phone) are backed up.

By accident, I tried to sync my contacts to my computer (running mac, using leaked bb desktop) and all the contacts in my mac from address book got replaced with the 5 contacts my computer "thinks" the bb has.

I switched to windows bb desktop and when I advance restore, it reads I have 2xx contacts, yet when I send it to my computer, it shows only 5 transfer.

If I try to edit and save one of the contacts, aside from the 5, it tells me "contact updated externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." And the changes I have made do not take place.

So all in all, my bb thinks I only have 5 contacts yet it shows all of them in the bb address book, and yes I can call and sms each one of them. However, they almost seem like ghosts because if I try to add them to a group, none of the contacts will add except those special 5...

Any suggestions? This happening to someone else? How can I get transfer all my contacts to my computer?
    Last edited by joneee; 09-21-09 at 04:19 AM.
    09-21-09 04:07 AM
    First thing to check is make sure in DM you have two way sync checked.
    09-21-09 04:40 AM
    First thing to check is make sure in DM you have two way sync checked.
    Yes I have the two way sync checked. Still does not transfer my contacts.
    09-21-09 02:07 PM
    Sounds like some sort of corrupted database. If it is, the only fix is to wipe the DB and start from scratch.
    09-21-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD