New to BB and wondering two things
    1- Can you copy your contact list to the sim card as whole instead of going contact by contact?
    2- Can you update contact information (ie:email address) via the desktop software or do you have to enter each one manually?

Thanks- so far I am loving the Storm
    12-02-08 12:18 PM
    No to both. Desktop Manager is merely an interface between your device, and the program you use for your contacts such as Outlook.
    12-02-08 12:37 PM
    I transferred all my contacts from my old blackberry to the new one all through desktop manager and it kept all the emails address.
    12-02-08 12:58 PM
    re: number 2. if you do not use a desktop application like Outlook; you can use Google. There is a sync program for the BB which will keep your contacts in sync with the phone and the google contacts/calendar pages. It still requires you to enter them in the phone or google first.
    12-02-08 01:04 PM
    re: number 2. if you do not use a desktop application like Outlook; you can use Google. There is a sync program for the BB which will keep your contacts in sync with the phone and the google contacts/calendar pages. It still requires you to enter them in the phone or google first.
    Be careful, and backup your berry before using it, there are a lot of "bugs" that are going around with google sync.
    12-02-08 01:12 PM
    I had my contacts transferred at verizon..i didn't have a bb before the storm. I was hoping I could enter the addresses in the desktop software and update the phone
    12-02-08 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD