So basically the first problem I've had since upgrading is all my contacts are messed up. The contacts are still there, but now I have 5-10 different entries for each name. Those 5-10 entries are duplicates that essentially replaced my other numbers.

Basically my contact list has been replaced with duplicates of other contacts. Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone know of any fixes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 07:12 PM
    Should also mention that I have the FB app synced with my contacts. It has been set up like that ever since I could then about a day after upgrading the contacts get messed up.

10-27-09 07:14 PM
    I have the same problem... it happens with gmail, facebook, and with my company's BES server.

It makes no sense and it incredibly frustrating to deal with. I just want my contacts to sync with each other automatically without overwriting each other or doing anything ridiculous.

I had 5 entries for my Dad when I resynced my contacts after upgrading to the latest official OS. And when I went in to delete them, it turned out that somehow my Dad's name got put onto 4 other people's entries!!

wtf is that?
    10-27-09 07:22 PM
    also, for some reason the only 'Default Service' for my contacts is 'Desktop'... how do I get facebook or gmail to be the default there?
    10-27-09 07:23 PM
    happened to me to when going from 230 to 323...i have at least 3-5 of each person...sucks. still on 323...havent tried to fix yet
    10-27-09 07:58 PM
    I has happened to me also. and just try to explain to my Dad how to forward me his contact information. Thats a whole other thread! lol I hope someone figures this one out because I've redone my contact list about 8 times now!
    03-09-10 08:48 AM
    I believe you have to reset the syncronisation in the DM and remap the syncronisation field / data. There is a feature for that, I have seen it!

03-10-10 06:07 AM
    I have the exact same problem now.. Did anyone figure out how to fix it?
    05-21-10 02:54 PM
    Although not the exact same issue, I did have duplicate entries show up some time ago. Here is how I fixed it. Please know that I keep my contacts in outlook.

I plugged the phone into my computer and opened DM. Went to Backup/Restore>Advanced and then cleared all address entries. Then I returend to the main menu in DM and opened sync. I verified that my sync settings were correct and resynced the phone.

It has been fine ever since.
    05-21-10 09:03 PM
    Thanks..

Though, the bigger issue is not the duplicates as you mau eventually just go and delete any duplicates one by one..

Mixing the names and numbers is the big disaster that i am facing at the moment. Someone calls me and I get the name of someone completely else!!
    05-22-10 03:13 AM
    No solutions?
    05-25-10 10:05 AM
    I had this issue before. Hopefully you backed up your data somewhat recently. I had to restore an old contact list from a previous backup. That seemed to fix things for me.
    05-25-10 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD