Ive had Sony Ericson cyber shot phones for years, ive just migrated to the Storm.

When i copied all my contacts from my SIM to the Storm, they are all over the place.

For eample i have a contact called "Timmy & Lorna"

It shows up as "Lorn;Timmy/2.&" on the storm.

How can i fix this back to the "Timmy & Lorna" format of my old Sony without having to re enter over 250 contacts?

Is the same for the majority of my contacts. Also i have some contacts that have been duplicated where i used to have various numbers for the same contact, how can i merge these together again.

Cheers in advance.
    12-04-08 11:08 AM
    I'd put the sim back in your Sony and then have Verizon transfer the data to your Blackberry.

Will take 5 minutes at a Verizon store.
    12-04-08 11:35 AM
    There is a setting for that...hold on...I'll be back when I find it...
    12-04-08 12:25 PM
    Here you go...it's hidden in there but I found it...You can list it to sort via Last name, etc.

Sort contacts or tasks
    In the contact list or task list, press the Menu key.
    Click Options.
    If necessary, click General Options.
    Change the Sort By field.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Save
    12-04-08 12:40 PM
    You know, the syncing software is the same stuff I used with my Palm like 5 years ago. They haven't improved on that technology yet? Hard to believe. Hope you can fix yours...
    12-04-08 12:43 PM
    Here you go...it's hidden in there but I found it...You can list it to sort via Last name, etc.

Sort contacts or tasks
    In the contact list or task list, press the Menu key.
    Click Options.
    If necessary, click General Options.
    Change the Sort By field.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Save
    I already tried that. It changes it about a little but doesnt make it any better. Wether its sorted by first name or last name all my contacts still look something like this:

"Lorn;Timmy/2.&"

Plus they all have a number somewhere in the middle of them /1, /2 or /3.

Only fix i can think of is typing them all in one-by-one

You know, the syncing software is the same stuff I used with my Palm like 5 years ago. They haven't improved on that technology yet? Hard to believe. Hope you can fix yours...
    12-04-08 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD