Help please ... newby !! I downloaded my contacts from Outlook 2007 - no problem !!! I then want to have them sorted by last name ... again No Problem ... IF I hit the Contacts icon.

But if I bring the contacts list up via the phone ... it keeps them alphabetical by last name, but shows the listing using their first name then the last name .

I want to see the contacts like this --- Last name, first name (just like it does when I hit the contacts icon).

THANKS for any help !!
    12-06-08 10:38 AM
    Hit the Blackberry menu key when in your Address Book. Goto Options. Under General Options choose "Last Name" rather than "First Name".
    12-06-08 10:49 AM
    Since I'm too late with the answer I'll just welcome you aboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 10:52 AM
    Hit the Blackberry menu key when in your Address Book. Goto Options. Under General Options choose "Last Name" rather than "First Name".
    Like the OP stated, that does not work when accessing the Contact list from within the phone application- it's a bug and there is no way I can find to make it display them correctly as when viewed directly in the contacts application.

This needs to be fixed in the next firmware revision.
    12-06-08 10:55 AM
    My bad on the reading of the original post. Correct, it does not display w/ last name first but does have them sorted by last name.
    12-06-08 10:59 AM
    Thanks ... at least I know its not me. Guess I'll wait ... is there a BB suggestion site - so I can notify RIM about this ? Would really like to have this as an option.
    12-06-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD