Greeting Folks,

I've floated this problem over at RIM's Blackberry Forums for several months and basically came up with my own solution- one that I don't prefer or like.

Here is the situation - for some reason, a few months ago, my 8830 stopped syncing my address book. Kept getting the same error that scores of other BB users were getting for one reason or another. I'm using Outlook 2007 and no matter what I did (uninstall, reg edit, and clean install of DM included) I could not get my contacts to sync. Real BIG problem.

Eventually I found a LONG way around the problem, essentially using Windows Mail to sync my contacts and Outlook for everything else. A REAL pain in the arse but better than not being able to add contacts on my phone/outlook account. But eventually, this solution too got me an error message tho a different kind (some connector error BS message instead of an error code).

THE ONLY SOLUTION THAT WORKS, I finally found out, was to turn off the contact picture syncing between my email client software and my storm.

While being able to sync my contacts is far more important that anything else, I would still like to be able to have pics for my contacts. I really like the aesthetics it adds to both my phone and my outlook calendar. Plus, some of the cooler BB apps look nicer with contact pix.

Any BB heads out there with some suggestions out there? Would love to get a brainstorming session going here as I am willing to test ideas out on my end and report back.

thanks in advance!
    12-16-08 08:35 AM
    anyone.......?
    12-16-08 11:12 AM
    What are the details of your contact pics in outlook? Mine are 270x360 jpg images, and I haven't had any problems to date syncing with outlook via usb or bt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:31 AM
    the microsoft outlook site says to crop pictures to 90x90 pixels jgps so I did a few and tried to sync and no go.
    12-16-08 11:44 AM
    Strange as my outlook displays 3:4 ratio pictures so I doubt you need to crop them to 1:1. Nevertheless that shouldn't be causing any problems. What prog are you using to create the images? Also what happens when you have only a single contact with a photo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:53 AM
    Photoshop to crop pix. Whether I try one contact or 100, the result still ends with an error in syncing.

Really frustrating...
    12-16-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD