Trying to get My Contacts out of my Storm to Verizon Backup Assistance THRU THE COMPUTER(not over the airwaves). Anyone successful in doing this?

I can access the phone but contacts do not come up in BROWSE feature of Backup assist.
    Also it can't seem to pull them in thru a BB Manager recent back up.

Screen is cracked and I can't call *228 to (re)activate the phone to do Back up Assist thru the phone the normal way.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 07-07-10 at 03:13 PM.
    07-07-10 02:56 PM
    Why don't you use blackberry desktop manager to back up the contacts? I guess that would only work if you are getting another Blackberry.
    07-07-10 04:40 PM
    Already said I have a backup to BB Manager

Not getting another BB most likely.
    Anyway Verizon said they can hook up two phones in a store to transfer Contacts....for a fee(which online Verizon has already credited me for). Sometimes the online folks are so nice....other times....
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 07-08-10 at 09:36 AM.
    07-08-10 08:50 AM
    07-08-10 10:43 AM
    I use Microsoft Outlook so I can easily sync my BB with Outlook using BB Desktop Manager. Then I can export my contacts to an .csv or other format, that many other applications - like Google Mail Contacts can then import.

I believe that Desktop Manager worked with a few other email applications.. may want to check and see if their is one that you use. Once synced you may be able to access your contacts from that application.
    07-08-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD