I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I searched and couldn't find any info on it. Basically, I wasn't sure exactly how the GMail contact sync was going to work. After wiping my phone and installing OS 5, I installed Google Sync and transferred my contacts. After that, I added my two GMail accounts to my phone, and chose to sync the contacts. Unfortunately, I forgot to change the option to disallow duplicate contacts. Therefore, now I have duplicates. I have disabled the contact sync through Google Sync. What is the easiest way for me to delete all of my contacts and then have my phone re-sync to my two GMail account contact lists? Thanks in advance for your help.
    10-26-09 03:12 PM
    Desktop manager, Backup/restore then advance... Clear the contact field.
    10-26-09 03:13 PM
    But will my contacts re-sync through GMail? Or will i have to delete the accounts first and then re-add them?
    10-26-09 03:15 PM
    If you want them to re sync, then don't restore your contacts from your backup.. You can use either one....

If that is what you meant..
    10-26-09 03:17 PM
    If you want them to re sync, then don't restore your contacts from your backup.. You can use either one....

If that is what you meant..
    Well one acct is my personal acct so that has all my personal contacts, and the other is a work acct with my work contacts. So what I am asking is if there are no contacts in my contact list, will it re-sync automatically? (Not using Google Sync)
    10-26-09 03:19 PM
    Pretty sure you will have to resync them from Gmail... You can do a manual restore from their app.
    10-26-09 03:24 PM
    Sorry if I'm not being clear. I don't want to use Google Sync because the new OS already has contact sync built in now. So I want to just use syncing through the OS and not through Google Sync.
    10-26-09 03:27 PM
    Ok,

Hrmm, Well uninstall google sync. Get that outta the way...

After you have cleared your address book... Do a restore from your backup on your PC...

Not to sure on the time frame it will re sync itself... 9630 5.0 OS doesn't do it yet... But as long as you got a solid backup on your computer. Mess with it and see what comes out of it.. or maybe some else can give some specifics on the BIS sync....
    10-26-09 03:32 PM
    Thanks for the tips yester18

Anyone else have any suggestions?
    10-26-09 04:44 PM
    Well I just ended up doing it the long way...

1) Disable contact sync in Google Sync
    2) Disable contact sync in Email settings
    3) Manually delete all contacts on the phone
    4) Re-enable contact sync in Email settings
    10-26-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD