Ok, so Im not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I haven't read anything about it.

I added a bunch of ringtones to the phone and set up contact alerts so that I could have a different ringtones for certain people. Because I can't have my phone volume on during work I usually just set my phone into vibrate only or silence mode. However, I noticed that even though the Storm is set in the vibrate only or silence mode, if you have a contact alert set up and that person calls you or txts you, the alert is still audible.

Does anyone know how to keep the different contact alerts and make sure the phone stays completely silent when I put in silence mode?

Thanks for the help in advance!
    11-26-08 11:47 PM
    I have the same problem

However if mine is on silent it only plays contact message alerts, it does not play contact ringtones when people call.

So I deleted the message alerts that I assigned to my contacts. It does not play anything now when on silent and I get a message or phone call.

However it does still play the assigned ringtones when my phone is on vibrate.

Boo I hope this is fixed SOOOON
    11-27-08 12:30 AM
    another thing...if you play a song or movie while in silent mode...the audio will play.
    11-27-08 08:14 AM
    I have the same problem with the storm. Silent or vibrate only will not silence the phone. I did find that if you choose, all alerts off, the phone will not be audible for any calls or messages. It seems to be the only way to completely silence the phone when you need to. A rhetorical question probably, but what's the point of the other settings?
    12-07-08 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD