My storm 9530 is constantly under 20mb of memory running 5.0.0.328. I only have a few apps installed: quickpull, quicklaunch, youmail, memoryboost, and buzzme, but I feel like there's gotta be something that's hogging a lot of memory because I can clearly remember days when I had ~30+mb free when I first got this bad boy. Quickpull is constantly trying to reset because the memory is too low, it slow/laggy pretty often, I'm getting frustrated. Memoryboost doesn't seem to do much to help, unfortunately.

Dunno, pretty stumped because I've tried a lot of solutions that I've found online, pretty much can't wait for my employment situation to allow me to get a new phone/contract.
    07-18-10 10:54 PM
    I had that same problem. I installed the 758 hybrid and shrank the os the most I could. I have about 8 apps installed and I run at 38 mb at startup and it goes down to about 36 mb in about 5 days. I am very happy with my phone now.

Themes could also be the problem, I have not found 1 theme that does not leak.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-19-10 09:01 AM
    Try a security wipe - back up your phone, go to options, security, security wipe. Just select the first option - leave your apps - then wipe. After that restore your contacts etc. You may have to register some apps if they require it. You should see a pretty good gain by doing this.
    07-19-10 09:05 AM
    Upgrade to OS 419. It fixes issues like the whacked out 1st position home screen icon, and adds pop up keys. I gained about 10MB over 328. Also, do you clear your browser cache regularly? Have you removed the other languages? You can delete the HELP app, it's useless, and there's plenty of help right here on CB.
    07-19-10 09:09 AM
    My storm 9530 is constantly under 20mb of memory running 5.0.0.328. I only have a few apps installed: quickpull, quicklaunch, youmail, memoryboost, and buzzme, but I feel like there's gotta be something that's hogging a lot of memory because I can clearly remember days when I had ~30+mb free when I first got this bad boy. Quickpull is constantly trying to reset because the memory is too low, it slow/laggy pretty often, I'm getting frustrated. Memoryboost doesn't seem to do much to help, unfortunately.

Dunno, pretty stumped because I've tried a lot of solutions that I've found online, pretty much can't wait for my employment situation to allow me to get a new phone/contract.
    You really only have those 5 apps installed? And as far as performance goes, how often are you seeing memory bottom out and the phone slow down? My phone runs .328 and I don't notice any performance issues until app mem is down below 5MB, and even then its just the occasional ticker unless I do something stupid like launch app world. I have about 10 third party apps installed and memory usually hangs around 15mb.

Also, fwiw, the symbol you were looking for is "<"
    07-19-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD