I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, or can offer a remedy, but I've been having connectivity issues with my Storm since the .148 upgrade. Specifically, I will randomly lose the ability to receive BBMs, emails, and other data until I do a battery pull. Then they all come flooding in at once. I never lose phone service - only data. Any thoughts on what the issue may be? Any viable solutions?
    06-13-09 12:15 PM
    It really sounds like a bad install. You may consider wiping the phone and doing a reinstall. How did you upgrade, OTA or DM?
    06-13-09 12:20 PM
    Upgraded OTA first night it came out. There were a few noticeable glitches during the process (random starts and stops) and I wondered about the benefits of wiping and reinstalling. This is confirming my fears.

I'll search the forums for advice on how to do this. Thanks.
    06-13-09 12:23 PM
    I've never upgraded OTA but the random "stops" you see may actually be part of the process of upgrade. Nevertheless with the type of problems you are having I think a reinstall is in order.

Please remember to back up before you reinstall. Back your apps up too. Good luck.
    06-13-09 12:37 PM
    I tend to get this when I try to install an app to SD card via Aerize. Sometimes it will get to half way then say it has failed, then after that my internet doesn't work until I do a battery pull. I am on .151.

Si
    06-13-09 01:15 PM
    I had a similar problem when I upgraded to .148 as well. call your carrier and have them check all of your phone authorizations and make sure they have the correct pin hex and dec numbers
    06-13-09 01:50 PM
    I had this problem last week. Does your signal fluxuate constantly between 1xev and 1EXEV (upper case and lower case)? If so try doing a *22899 to update. Worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 01:51 PM
    This last suggestion seems to have done the trick. Thanks! I didn't need to reinstall the OS afterall.
    06-13-09 09:06 PM
    During OTA resets may occur. See on-device HELP/? > applications > update the blackberry device software. Had several & phone works fine. BTW give OS time 2 settle in.
    06-13-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD