i'm running .151 and have absolutely no issues with my storm other than a slight memory leak and thats due to ubertwitter (v0.78.....i just upgraded to v0.909 so i'm hoping that the new update cures that problem) and wallpapershuffle app.

anyway, i noticed that every time i connect my storm to my computer, i lose my wallpaper, the wallpapershuffle app doesn't work and all my ringtones are not working. it all reverts back to the stock ones that were originally assigned to the phone. the weird thing is that once i d/c it from my laptop, all the settings are restored.

anyone have any input on how to rectify this issue?
    08-12-09 12:31 PM
    i'm running .151 and have absolutely no issues with my storm other than a slight memory leak and thats due to ubertwitter (v0.78.....i just upgraded to v0.909 so i'm hoping that the new update cures that problem) and wallpapershuffle app.

anyway, i noticed that every time i connect my storm to my computer, i lose my wallpaper, the wallpapershuffle app doesn't work and all my ringtones are not working. it all reverts back to the stock ones that were originally assigned to the phone. the weird thing is that once i d/c it from my laptop, all the settings are restored.

anyone have any input on how to rectify this issue?
    It's normal operation.

You have your wallpaper and ringers stored on your memory card. When you connect your phone to your computer, it enters mass storage mode which means the phone can't use the memory card for it's wallpapers and ringers.

To avoid this, change your mass storage mode settings. But then you won't be able to access your phone's or card's memory until you turn it back on.

I thought the active wallpaper was stored in the ram, as my background stays intact when plugged into the computer. but that seems not ot be the case for you.
    08-12-09 01:00 PM
    ok thanks! i'll just move everything over onto the device memory.

btw, is there a way to have the ringtones actually go into the ringtone folder? i can only find them under the music folder and it also gets shuffled in with mp3's :s
    08-12-09 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD