i unlocked my storm with tmobile but i dont have access to the internet browser. how can i fix this ?
    11-27-08 10:43 AM
    What message are you getting from your browser?
    11-27-08 11:26 AM
    Hi kwackberrwii,
    Does T-mobile support the service book? I have bold and I have to save service book from my pearl otherwise I won't be able to use browser using EDGE network, GPS won't work.
    thanks
    I have an unlocked storm but, I can not use browser and data. because I am missing configuration service book entries. How did you save the service book from your old phone and used it in the bold?.

Thanks
    11-28-08 07:29 PM
    I just used the curve service books from tmo's web site. Those are only email service books if im not mistaken.
    11-28-08 07:34 PM
    I unlocked my storm with att but, i dont have access to the internet browser. There is a message saying: Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries.. I calle att and told me they can not do anything because this is not one of their phones...how can i fix this ?

I can use voice and send msm, but not data.. I have EDGE on the upper right of my phone..

Thanks
    11-28-08 07:35 PM
    I just used the curve service books from tmo's web site. Those are only email service books if im not mistaken.
    And how do I install them on my device?

Thanks
    11-28-08 07:37 PM
    You're on AT&T, it may be a tad different. Ok, you have to have a data plan with att and then you log into your bis site from att, select the curve as your phone at att's main site, and then from the bis site, send the email service books to your phone. I dont really think it will fix the browser, but thats what i did for tmo. Theres another person that uses att on his unlocked storm, check his thread, maybe he can forward the sbooks to you http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/con...ing-att-99220/
    11-28-08 07:44 PM
    I have a little problem here. I'm not sure if my storm is unlocked or not. I went to verizon today and they said it's unlocked and that any sim would work. I tried putting in my tmobile sim card and went to options > mobile network and when I changed network technology to gsm/umts it shows AT&T for Mobile Network. I have TMobile. I don't understand why it would say AT&T. Anybody know how I can get the TMobile network?
    12-01-08 12:24 AM
    I have a little problem here. I'm not sure if my storm is unlocked or not. I went to verizon today and they said it's unlocked and that any sim would work. I tried putting in my tmobile sim card and went to options > mobile network and when I changed network technology to gsm/umts it shows AT&T for Mobile Network. I have TMobile. I don't understand why it would say AT&T. Anybody know how I can get the TMobile network?
    I'm still checking into all of this progress on unlocking the Storm for Tmo myself here on crackberry (haven't bought one yet), but I can tell you that if you're not within a tmobile tower and you do have the nationwide plan, whatever the name of the service provider is to the tower it's using, it will show that name. for example, I drive a truck out to west Texas every week... in some areas my phone will read Alltel, or Cell1, or AT&T.... but, in the end, it's all tmobile supported calls... in other words, I don't have any roaming charges. My home is in Dallas, a large city, so I know sometimes it's using another providers' tower but will still read T-Mobile.... but think that the towers are mostly shared in bigger cities.

On another note.... There is a guy selling his "unlocked BB Storm" on craigsl;ist in this area with several pics showing that he has done all of this stuff to make it work for T-mobile... reads T-Mobile at the top and everything. I think I will contact him and ask how he did it (may possibly even be a crackberry subscriber!) and perhaps I can get some helpful tips out of him. It's a great deal on the phone, too... maybe I'll buy it.

-Eric
    Last edited by errtex; 12-14-08 at 12:03 AM. Reason: poor spelling... it's hereditary, I think
    12-13-08 11:53 PM
    I Contacted Global support for blackberries at Verizon, i told them that i travel to mexico quite often and i need to get my phone unlocked so i can use a local providers service and get a local cell number. They put me on hold and said they needed to check weather or not i qualified and they were going to check my account, five mins later the rep came back and guided me thru the unlock process. I have tested my storm using my wifes tmo sim and it works. My only question if anyone out there knows, does the storm work with Tmos 3g service?
    01-18-09 12:09 AM
    I Contacted Global support for blackberries at Verizon, i told them that i travel to mexico quite often and i need to get my phone unlocked so i can use a local providers service and get a local cell number. They put me on hold and said they needed to check weather or not i qualified and they were going to check my account, five mins later the rep came back and guided me thru the unlock process. I have tested my storm using my wifes tmo sim and it works. My only question if anyone out there knows, does the storm work with Tmos 3g service?
    No it does not. North American GSM 3G is not supported by the Storm. You will have to live with EDGE.
    01-18-09 12:17 AM
    I have a verizon blackberry storm 9530 and i would like to fully unlock it for tmobile because as of now I can not call anyone. How can I fix that?
    04-28-11 07:40 PM
    Search these forums - you'll find the answer.
    04-29-11 10:36 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD