I was checking out the Storm and I noticed that when I created a new appointment, there was a place to capture conference call number, leader code and participant code. Very cool looking addition, but I wondered how this integrated with Outlook. Can anyone help me out?
    Last edited by ystress; 12-25-08 at 10:31 AM.
    12-25-08 12:06 AM
    Bump. Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
    12-25-08 02:22 PM
    I entered a test appointment in my Storm and included a conferece call dial-in number and access code. In Outlook 2003, the dial-in number and access code show up in the notes field.

I did notice something else. If you are setting up an appointment like this and want to invite other attendees, be careful. When I first did this, nothing showed up at all in my Outlook calendar until I specifically invited myself from the Storm (from Outlook, you are included by default - my name was listed by default in the Storm appointment, but it did not show up in my calendar until I went back to the Storm and actually invited myself). Maybe I did something wrong - I don't know.

Second, the appointment did not show up in my calendar until I actually accepted it from the invitation that came in my email. Again, if you set up an appointment in Outlook, it does show up on your calendary by defualt.
    Last edited by Sharkz; 12-25-08 at 06:29 PM.
    12-25-08 04:32 PM
    To be honest, I haven't paid attention to how the conference call info syncs to Outlook because my office doesn't use Outlook and the conference call info isn't important to me at home, but....

I LOVE the conference call feature. I have an average of probably 12 - 15 calls a week, and it's not uncommon for them to occur when I'm in the car or otherwise away from my desk. It used to be either inconvenient or dangerous to look up the call info. Now, I just get a pop up at the time of the call that asks me if I want to join now. Hit yes and *bam* I'm connected to the call. It makes my life SO much easier!
    12-25-08 04:44 PM
    Thanks. I was curious. I had been going back and forth between the Storm and the iPhone and I purchased the iPhone on Wednesday. After I purchased the iPhone, I discovered it does not allow calling from a phone number listed in the appointment. Not good for me. I had adjusted to modifying all my Blackberry appointments (8830) in Outlook so they would have a comma in the phone conference number and then I would dial from the appointment. This feature sounds even better. Guess I am switching to the Storm now.
    12-25-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD