I posted about this last week and there were really no responses. Anyways, when I walk outside from air condition, the phone get moisture inside and basically renders the phone useless for upwards of 15 minutes. I love this phone and this is the only issue I have.

I can't go through the whole summer like this, and I'm seriously having to consider getting another phone. I use my phone for business and can't have my phone not work like this. I think I'm going to have no choice but to make a change.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jimmyknuckles32; 07-05-09 at 12:46 PM.
    07-05-09 12:44 PM
    I posted about this last week and there were really no responses. Anyways, when I walk outside from air condition, the phone get moisture inside and basically renders the phone useless for upwards of 15 minutes. I love this phone and this is the only issue I have.

I can't go through the whole summer like this, and I'm seriously having to consider getting another phone. I use my phone for business and can't have my phone not work like this. I think I'm going to have no choice but to make a change.

yeah i guess youll have that sometimes. ive had humidity problems with the trackball BBs too. all you have to do is get a little bit of moisture on the trackball and theyre pretty much useless too. im kinda curious as to whether this is an across the board problem for most touchscreen devices though.
    Last edited by wayfr; 07-05-09 at 01:09 PM.
    07-05-09 01:07 PM
    Weird. I'm in Chicago and the humidity is off the scale at times. I don't have this problem nor do i have any dust under the screen.
    07-05-09 01:07 PM
    a couple users report this problem, i think they are also the ones that have dust under screen.

I have neither problem
    07-05-09 01:31 PM
    a couple users report this problem, i think they are also the ones that have dust under screen.

I have neither problem
    im sure its directly related. Sounds like the seal is not doing its job. Im sure VZW would replace it if you took it in and showed them the condensation under the screen.

I have neither problem on mine
    07-05-09 02:18 PM
    Well this happens to me 95% of the time I go outside. Just happened and I had to come back in before I could use it. I've had two touch screens before this and didn't have this problem. This sucks because I love this phone and don't have the day to day issues most report.

Should I try to get another storm. I wonder if they've corrected the seal on the newer storms?

Last edited by jimmyknuckles32; 07-05-09 at 03:25 PM.
    07-05-09 03:22 PM
    yes try to get a refurb and see how it is
    07-05-09 03:43 PM
    alright. Ill give it a shot and report back when I get it. Now in got to go because I'm about to go outside lol

07-05-09 03:46 PM
    Got the new phone. Back at work. Ill let you guys know next time I step out if the problem occurs

07-05-09 05:10 PM
    I've never had a problem with humidity but leaving the phone in the bathroom when showering is a BAD idea

07-05-09 07:18 PM
    Got my new storm and the problem seems to have gone away. I've gone out 3 times and the phone was fully functional. Thank god cause I didn't want to give up my storm

07-05-09 07:32 PM
    I've had my Storm since day 1. No dust under my screen. However, I've had this problem with my screen as well.

After reading various posts, I took my Storm in to VZW. They replaced it with a refurb unit. I'll report my findings this afternoon.
    07-13-09 12:27 PM
    if it still acts up bring it back again. the new one they gave me is not affected by this.
    07-13-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD