You mean you deleted the DESKTOP Manager, not the DEVICE Manager in Windows. You can install the Desktop Manager without connecting your phone at all. I would go into the DEVICE Manager in Windows and under USB Controllers, remove all entries. Then REBOOT the Computer. It will find and re-setup all USBs. Then try your phone. It sounds like you may have a virus otherwise. Hope you have an up to date anti-virus software.
    10-14-09 05:29 AM
    I used the KB19717 and it worked well! I was getting frustrated and stumbled arcoss this. Thanks very much!
    10-14-09 08:31 PM
    Ive had that issue myself. Did you do an OS update or anything because Ive noticed when I would do an update or install one of the previous OS's it caused a driver conflict and a simple restart would fix the problem and it would just start working again. If not that, then its like the rest previously stated, "Driver Problem".

You Can also Right Click "My Computer" and click "Properties" then "Device Manager" to verify if your having driver problems.
    10-14-09 08:45 PM
    No, i actually deleted the "device manager" i still have the desktop manager..
    10-14-09 10:23 PM
    Hmm, for some reason i had a blackberry DEVICE manager, and that's the one i deleted..but i do have the windows DEVICE manager. Thanks, i'll give it a try!
    10-14-09 10:25 PM
    Ok, I read through all the posts in this thread, but I am still confused to a solution (as I use a Mac computer, and it seems everyone here is referring to solutions using a PC).
    Can anyone clarify in simple layman terms how I can fix this same problem for my refurb replacement phone that Verizon shipped me last week ?
    Thanks.
    11-10-09 03:05 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD