how do i completely shut down phone? if i hold red end button , or hit power off icon on phone, which asks, if you want to turn off or full power off. i just see the verizon logo and phone goes dark. if i hit the power button(red hard button) it powers up instantly. is this correct? i thought full power off was completely shutting phone down? is this not possible?
    04-30-09 10:38 AM
    you could always pull the battery.
    04-30-09 10:47 AM
    i have quickpull loaded for reboots. i'm talking about completely shutting off phone. for example, if i get on a plane, and want to turn my phone off, or at night when i goto bed.
    04-30-09 11:00 AM
    BB are never really "Off". Other than taking the battery out of the device it's always on. At least this is my experience .
    04-30-09 11:04 AM
    I thought that the option for "turn off" and "full power off" had to do with the alarm. When the alarm is on you have the option to "turn off" the phone but the phone will turn on when ever the alarm is set. And "full power off" the phone would just stay off and ignore the alarm.
    04-30-09 11:08 AM
    Yep they are always on to an extent. On a plane you can turn of the radio and still watch movies play music etc.
    There is never a reason to really turn it all the way off. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 11:10 AM
    RIM pretty much pioneered the concept of the "always on" cell phone.
    04-30-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD