is there blackberry software compatible with macs?
    11-14-08 08:20 PM
    You can dowload pocket mac from the bb website

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 08:21 PM
    you can also choose to buy MissingSync for the mac which is much better then pocketmac but costs around 50 bucks, or you can use pocketmac until RIM releases Desktop Manager for Mac which is projected in the first quarter of 2009

please use search, because this question has been asked many times, you can also check out the Mac Users section of the forums, lots of good info in there
    11-14-08 08:28 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

here's the mac download page from bb
    11-14-08 08:29 PM
    11-14-08 08:30 PM
    i dont need it now, im just wondering because i just got a mac as my main computer and will be getting a storm next month hopefully. Thanks a lot though!
    11-14-08 08:36 PM
    Kinda odd that you would ask it now then, instead of just doing a search on it later.....weird.
    11-14-08 09:26 PM
    What is odd about it?? He's just asking!
    11-14-08 09:34 PM
    has anyone synced a storm with a mac yet?
    11-15-08 10:57 PM
    Pocketmac appears to work with the Storm, but after syncing, there is nothing on the blackberry. The bulletin boards say to make sure that the BB is set to allow use a mass storage and allow on connect, but it just doesn't work. Verizon needs to get to work. There is no support for iTunes and iPhoto even if the rest is working. C'mon Verizon and BB!
    11-24-08 04:34 PM
    I have not had any luck syncing with my MacBook, but my rep keeps promising me that there will be Mac OS Desktop Manager software soon specifically for the storm along with the Mac version of VZAM software for the storm.

Sometimes I think he is just BSing - but sometimes he redeems himself, like getting me a Storm and knowing what the release date was going to be, so who knows...
    11-24-08 04:41 PM
    I have not had any luck syncing with my MacBook, but my rep keeps promising me that there will be Mac OS Desktop Manager software soon specifically for the storm along with the Mac version of VZAM software for the storm.

Sometimes I think he is just BSing - but sometimes he redeems himself, like getting me a Storm and knowing what the release date was going to be, so who knows...
    I haven't tried to sync with my MBP yet but did you try & uninstall & reinstall PocketMac because I had that problem when I first bought my curve a few months ago where it would not sync up AT ALL. And an uninstall & reinstall fixed that right up.
    11-24-08 04:48 PM
    Mine works ok, with Missing Sync on my G5 running the latest OS X.

It took some doing, and I get some errors when syncing photos (basically cause I don't have iPhoto installed), but the photos show up synced when the app says they didn't. Go figure.

I did have to shutdown and restart both the Storm and Missing Sync a couple times. Also, the Storm doesn't notice the newly synced right away.

One last thing... make sure you eject the storm (both discs that are mounted on the desktop)....
    11-24-08 04:51 PM
    Rather than trying to sync with iTunes or iPhoto, I am allowing my Storm to show up as a Mass Storage Device. I then select the photos from iPhoto or tunes from iTunes and drag them to the appropriate folder on the Storm. Won't work for contacts, but you might be able sync contact with the Bluetooth connection. I'll try and post my findings.
    11-24-08 05:19 PM
    Rather than trying to sync with iTunes or iPhoto, I am allowing my Storm to show up as a Mass Storage Device. I then select the photos from iPhoto or tunes from iTunes and drag them to the appropriate folder on the Storm. Won't work for contacts, but you might be able sync contact with the Bluetooth connection. I'll try and post my findings.
    How do I do that? I plugged my Storm into my MacBook and nothing happened. I looked in the finder, but nothing. Sorry I am a BB and Mac noob.
    11-24-08 05:40 PM
    No worries! I'm a BB noob too! I did have to adjust some settings in Options-->Memory on the BB. Set the Mass Storage Support to On and set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to prompt.

To be honest, I only figured it out because when connecting my wife's Pearl it connected as mass storage.

Hope that helps!
    11-24-08 06:01 PM
    Please perform a search. I have tethered with my mac and synced with my mac. I have already posted it multiple times.
    I want to help my MAC homies but please learn to help yourself.
    11-24-08 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD