My company is switching this week to Verizon. In the past I have always had my own cell phone with AT&T and was reimbursed for it. They would prefer I get a company phone now.

My situation is this. I had a Blackberry Bold since September, and enjoyed it. I recently switched over to an iPhone 3G, which I really like too. There is good and bad with both.

The question is do I try a Storm, or just get a curve, as Verizon does not offer the Bold yet. I have read some good things about the Storm, but I have also read a lot of bad.

Any advice, or tips are appreciated.
    03-11-09 05:41 AM
    well... seeing that your posting in a Storm forum, I'm sure you're going to find biased opinions but honestly, the recent leaks for the Storm have made it an incredibly awesome phone.
    03-11-09 05:51 AM
    The Storm is awesome every OS leak makes the Storm that much better.
    03-11-09 05:56 AM
    Try it out; you may like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 05:57 AM
    if you can wait, you know, buy a ****ty dumbphone off ebay, then wait for the niagra to come to verizon, i think thats exactly what your looking for. Although i think you will like the storm, its not for everybody, but i think if you went from Bold and iPhone, curve is that last phone you'd want to downgrade to.
    03-11-09 05:59 AM
    I believe it's worth a try. The OS leaks have vastly imporved functioning of the unit.
    03-11-09 06:09 AM
    I went through a similar situation with a "forced" carrier change. As a result, I had to give up my HTC S621. My replacement choice was the Storm and I have no regrets. What the others have said about the updated OS has also proven correct as I recently moved from the original to the .109. You didn't really say what your primary uses of the phone are but to give you an idea of how the Storm has worked for me: I use it first for following the investment markets so I receive e-mail alerts directing me to the websites. The Storm works better than my previous phone for this. Phone would be next and it is not quite up to the level of my past HTC. Data entry...I am older and have never mastered the tiny qwerty keys so the landscape mode of the Storm has been much better for me.

I need to learn more about the Niagra since possibly it will be something to augment my Storm.
    03-11-09 06:26 AM
    I would suggest you go to the vzw store and play with one for a bit and see if you like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 06:38 AM
    VzW has 30 days trial. If you are not sure. Try it for 30 days and see for yourself. The Storm is not for everyone because of the learning curve. Once you learned it, you will love it.

But if you don't, you can switch to the Curve. You should know whether you like it or not in 30 days.
    03-11-09 06:44 AM
    The main reason I enjoy the iPhone is because of the Browser. How is the Storms Browser compared to the iPhone. The Bold's browser was weak. I text a lot and enjoy Blackberry Messenger, so I assume messenger on the Storm is the same as the Bold?
    How is the typing speed of the Storm vs iPhone and Bold??
    03-11-09 06:58 AM
    i personally can type faster on the storm, i have really big hands and i like the highlighting blue then the physical click. I always screw up on the iphone because i like sliding my fingers across the keys like i did on my 8830. Just my opinion though. I would highly recommend playing with a storm for a while before purchasing though. I cannot speak for the bold because i have never had the chance to ply with one
    03-11-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD