Hello all,

So here's the thing. I bout the Storm the day it came out. I then left 2 days later for Africa. I've been on a small island over here every since. I will be back on US soil and will be ready to "Update" my phone. I've been keeping up in the forums and to be honest, I'm scared! I've found this phone to SUCK!!! I'm hoping that when I get back and get it up to date it will be much better.

1: Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of what I should see different after I update the phone?

2: Can I do it all OTA or will I need to go to a VZW store to get updates?

I'm using a MacbookAIR and can't use DM (of course) and refuse to run Window on my Mac just for that.

Thanks for all the help guys/gals!

Peace!

Greg
    01-02-09 02:07 PM
    This thread will probably be moved to the OS forum but you should definitely start in the OS/OS Beta forum. It will answer all your questions
    01-02-09 02:12 PM
    if you are still running .65 on the storm you can update to .75 OTA, but to install the leaked .83 or .85 you would need to use DM.
    01-02-09 02:14 PM
    Yeah - no DM = no .85. Welcome back. The search forum is right where you left it.
    01-02-09 02:38 PM
    jh4for5: I loled

At any rate, the updates are great -- I haven't tried .85 yet but I assure you most of the gripes you have with your phone you won't have with some updates!! Good luck!
    01-02-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD