This is odd... my Phone's Clock doesn't adjust when i move time zones!?!

I went from Mid-west to east coast and my phone is still showing central time.

Anyone experience this problem and know how to make it auto-updates?
    04-07-09 07:57 AM
    This normal for bbs. It will not adjust

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 08:02 AM
    is there an app or something that will make it change time?

I'm surprised to hear that, even my piece of **** samsung phone was able to adjust time as i moved time-zones.
    04-07-09 08:04 AM
    Really? I've been back and forth to Vegas and my clock adjusted just fine. I live in the east coast..
    This normal for bbs. It will not adjust

04-07-09 08:10 AM
    is there an app or something that will make it change time?

I'm surprised to hear that, even my piece of **** samsung phone was able to adjust time as i moved time-zones.
    I keep hoping one of our smarter members will come up with an app for this. It's one of the few my tight @ss would pay for!
    04-07-09 08:22 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-zones-46190/

Okay.. it keeps saying Page Not Found.

Try going to search and entering "clock time zone" and there's an explanation near the top.
    Last edited by Headphon3s; 04-07-09 at 08:28 AM.
    04-07-09 08:24 AM
    This is odd... my Phone's Clock doesn't adjust when i move time zones!?!

I went from Mid-west to east coast and my phone is still showing central time.

Anyone experience this problem and know how to make it auto-updates?
    go to options>date/time>date/time source select network. I believe that will do the trick
    04-07-09 08:31 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-zones-46190/

Okay.. it keeps saying Page Not Found.

Try going to search and entering "clock time zone" and there's an explanation near the top.
    That link works for me. Basically, it's not a design flaw, it was a choice they made to preserve the accuracy of the calendar. The time zones affect the integrated calendar so if the time switched on its own, someone who didn't program the calendar to account for that would have all their appointments shifted incorrectly.

04-07-09 08:32 AM
    Read the explanation, because there's a good reason why it's like this.

And I know it's kind of annoying, but how big of a lazy f uck do you have to be that you can't simply manually change the time zones? I mean come on. It's like people who are completely lost if they lose the remote to the TV. The concept of getting up and using the controls ON the TV itself never even occurs to them. You just want to beat them over the head with a heavy blunt object sometimes. Claim you were defending the viability of the species by trying to remove some flotsam from the gene pool.
    04-07-09 08:36 AM
    "go to options>date/time>date/time source select network. I believe that will do the trick:-) "

no, it won't;
    "But can't you go to options/date/time and set the time source to network? Wouldn't this cause the Blackberry to update to the new time zone?"
    No. With Date/Time source set to Network, the Blackberry pulls the time from the network, but still applies the GMT offset for the time zone you selected. It will update your minutes, not your hours. You still have to change the time zone manually."

so i can't change it.

As far as "And I know it's kind of annoying, but how big of a lazy f uck do you have to be that you can't simply manually change the time zones? "
    Suck my big ******* **** you god damn ***, i didn't pay $$$ to not be lazy.

Though i understand the WHY reason, as someone who doesn't use calander and doesn't care about that crap, this should be easily fixed.

04-07-09 08:43 AM
    Well as far as they're concerned, it's not broken so there's nothing to fix.

04-07-09 08:44 AM
    definitly broken.

iPhone>BB in this respect... next topic

04-07-09 08:52 AM

And I know it's kind of annoying, but how big of a lazy f uck do you have to be that you can't simply manually change the time zones? I mean come on. It's like people who are completely lost if they lose the remote to the TV. The concept of getting up and using the controls ON the TV itself never even occurs to them. You just want to beat them over the head with a heavy blunt object sometimes. Claim you were defending the viability of the species by trying to remove some flotsam from the gene pool.
    Its not about be lazy you ****... As for changing timezones manually I don't mind but for someone that crisscrosses the US everyday it would be nice because half the time I'm not sure what time it is were I'm at.

04-07-09 08:57 AM

Yep. I'm a lazy **** I guess. If you changed time zones as many times as I do in a week you would want an option too. Many times I'm not even sure what time zone I'm in. Sometimes I'm only in a particular time zone for an hour and I've forgotten if I changed it or not.

Using your example we should all be happy using payphones. You aren't too lazy to walk across the street to use the phone are you?

Pretty harsh assessment don't ya think?
    Last edited by pkn068; 04-07-09 at 09:25 AM.
    04-07-09 09:23 AM
    It is annoying but it's not that bad to do, takes less then 15 seconds. At least we have 3G coverage so in that perspective BB > iPhone.
    04-07-09 09:29 AM
    As someone who travels frequently and doesn't rely on the POS built-in calendar, I would like it to change time zones automatically. Yes it only takes a few seconds to manually change it, but if you forget you could be hosed. Also, I have yet to memorize time zones for all of the cities I travel to and some states have multiple times zones. I have few complaints about my storm, but I wish I had an app to adjust the time zone automatically.

Why all the hate and name calling just because someone (actually many) would like the ability to toggle a simple issue?
    04-07-09 10:27 AM
    Here's a quick fix. Go to a Jewelry shop and order the 5 time zone watch from Jacob the Jeweler. You will never lose track of the time again, anywhere!

It will cost you some big dollers.

LoL had to do it

04-07-09 10:32 AM
    Everyone is complaining and all you need to do is go to Date/Time and change the source to Network like Halfmoon said
    04-07-09 10:47 AM
    My old Treo (with calendar) changed time properly in every time zone. Calendar entries stayed where they were at the right time for the time zone I changed to. So if an appointment was set for 3pm while I was in the EST zone, it remained at 3pm when I went to the PST zone and back. So it can't be too hard to implement if Palm could do it.

I too miss it.
    04-07-09 10:54 AM
    My old WM phone did NOT change time zones automatically, but it did give me a nice feature where I could set a "visiting" time zone so I could switch quickly.
    04-07-09 11:02 AM
    Everyone is complaining and all you need to do is go to Date/Time and change the source to Network like Halfmoon said
    I only wish it was that simple. Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Thats why I'm hoping an app maker can figure out how touse the network time and display it on the home screen.
    04-07-09 11:23 AM
    I only wish it was that simple. Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Thats why I'm hoping an app maker can figure out how touse the network time and display it on the home screen.
    Haven't tried it but does changing the Clock settings to network help?

Attachment 20478
    04-07-09 11:37 AM
    No it does not update when u switch to network

04-07-09 11:44 AM
    damn that sucks
    04-07-09 11:49 AM
    its more annoying when the phone changes time automatically and each time it does you have to select if the calendar should update your appointments to the new time zone.
    Had this happen with my last phone. I cross a time zone twice a day to get to and from work. Thank GOD this phone just keeps my home time!
    04-07-09 12:02 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD